Light-O-Rama Forums

US Military Affiliation "Roll Call"

dibblejr

U. S. Navy 1964-68.  USS Loraine County  LST 1177.  gun fire control technician

On 5/21/2017 at 8:56 PM, BMurray said:

US Army. 4 years. MOS: 24T10 - Patriot Missile Operator / Mechanic. 

My ex brother in law was Patriot, he was the first unit to touch down in Saudi Arabia in 90'. I was 16S.

11 hours ago, BMurray said:

2/7 ADA..... stationed out of McGregor Range New Mexico. Me too early 90's. Desert Sheild and Desert Storm action. Those missles did some crazy A$$ stuff 

I was 2/5 ADA out of Hood. 2nd Armored. My brother in law as out of McGregor same time to were. Bobby Davis.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jerry72 said:

My ex brother in law was Patriot, he was the first unit to touch down in Saudi Arabia in 90'. I was 16S.

Deployed to Bahrain, Saudi Arabia. Literally 2 weeks out of AIT. November of '90 to March '91. I've got some pretty CRAZY memories of things that went down while stationed there. 

39 minutes ago, jerry72 said:

I was 2/5 ADA out of Hood. 2nd Armored. My brother in law as out of McGregor same time to were. Bobby Davis.

Almost my entire enlistment, AIT through ETS, was at Ft. Sam Houston.  I spent three days TDY up there in '73 chasing tanks around while making noise-level measurements.  The food there was good, but everything else pretty much sucked.  Although it was fun riding in a tank.  Once anyway.

My hat's off to all you 'real' soldiers who actually had people shooting more than their mouth off at you.   

23 hours ago, George Simmons said:

Almost my entire enlistment, AIT through ETS, was at Ft. Sam Houston.  I spent three days TDY up there in '73 chasing tanks around while making noise-level measurements.  The food there was good, but everything else pretty much sucked.  Although it was fun riding in a tank.  Once anyway.

My hat's off to all you 'real' soldiers who actually had people shooting more than their mouth off at you.   

Trust me, Hood did not get much better from m73' to 89'. I loved it went i went to Sam Houston. It was like going from driving a pinto to driving a BMW.

On 5/24/2017 at 11:53 PM, jerry72 said:

You were Stinger? Testing how good my memory is...or isn't

On 5/24/2017 at 1:27 PM, gsmith37064 said:

Pershing for me but got to play around with Patriot for a year.

Army 88-94. MOS: 15E

When we weren't deployed, we used to set up on a former Pershing site in Germany. Of course, on a hill...in the middle of nowhere. :)

13 hours ago, Vinchief said:

You were Stinger? Testing how good my memory is...or isn't

Yep, Stinger. I also learned how to operate the Avenger system when i was in the Guard.

13 hours ago, Vinchief said:

When we weren't deployed, we used to set up on a former Pershing site in Germany. Of course, on a hill...in the middle of nowhere. :)

Just like in Korea, man i hated that.

Vietnam Era, U.S.Navy, Always floating in the middle of nowhere.  At least we had marines on board to play pranks on so there was endless entertainment!! :)

1 hour ago, caniac said:

Vietnam Era, U.S.Navy, Always floating in the middle of nowhere.  At least we had marines on board to play pranks on so there was endless entertainment!! :)

Another member of the Tonkin Gulf Yacht club (PIRAZ station)? 

Bird farm or Cruiser?

54 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Another member of the Tonkin Gulf Yacht club (PIRAZ station)? 

Bird farm or Cruiser?

Gator freighter

“From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.”
― William Shakespeare, Henry V

• Like 4

You guys are awesome -  Thanks to you all for your service, thanks for coming home. And thank you Grandpa who was in WW2 and to my Uncle who served in Vietnam, both returned.  

Edited by saxon
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked