Light-O-Rama Forums

Dumb rgb

Lightsupchapman

Hi I was wondering if I need a certain software to program and run dumb rgb strips? Do I just daisy chain the dumb controller to my ctb16 ?  Thanks

No special software is needed to run dumb RGB as SE works just fine as long as you set up the channels correctly. As far as daisy chaining if you are using something like the CMB24D then it daisey chains just like any other LOR controller. Just make sure you set the unit ID correctly.

Edited by Mr. P

Only 2 other things to take into consideration when using the CMB24D, Strip voltage and maximum length of each strip.

The CMB24 has 2 banks, so you could have Bank 1 (4 RGB ports) be 12V and Bank 2 at 5V (another 4 ports)

(you will need 12V Aux power if both banks run at 5V)  Oh! and power supplies are not included.

12V strips can be up to 100 long,  5V need TLC over 50

Ok so I am using the cmb24 with 8 strips of 12v strips and a 12v power supply how do I go about setting up the channels?

If you open an existing sequence you can right click on the last channel in the sequence and click "Add device below".  a new box will open, then click on LOR device and select CMB24D and select Unit ID. It will add the channels for the CMB24 automatically.

Keep in mind that the Unit ID for the CMB24D is set by the dip switches on the board and NOT the HU.

Edited by Mr. P

the channel assignment switch positions ar in the book, but it is basic Binary  LSB on the right