Light-O-Rama Forums

ccr ll 12 ribbon super star tree kit with pixie16 controller

Art

I see these are on the mad grab sale and have some questions.

what is the length of each of the ribbons?

what is the difference between the pixie set and just buying the CCR's?

Thanks

Art

The ribbons are 5m long (16.5 ft). The Pixie is a board which you put into an enclosure and provide a power supply, you then connect 16 ribbons to the board. A CCR is one ribbon connected to its own single controller.

So to make a 16 ribbon tree you can use one Pixie16 and 16 ribbons or you can use 16 CCRs which would be 16 ribbons and 16 individual controllers already connected to the ribbons

49 minutes ago, Art said:

I see these are on the mad grab sale and have some questions.

what is the length of each of the ribbons?

what is the difference between the pixie set and just buying the CCR's?

Thanks

Art

If you are talking about the P&P pixie16 with 16 strands of pixels. This is already assembled. No assembly required by you other than plugging in the pixel/ ccr strands. I believe the sale is $100 discount for the setup.

http://store.lightorama.com/bl16pistpawi.html

The CCR-II 12 ribbon tree for the sale will be $749. If you want to build the same 12 ribbon tree with CCRs it will cost $3,000.

You would also need an Advanced License, Pro License recommended.

Edited by Mr. P

Thanks

is the pixie controller considered 1 controller or 16 ?

and are there some premade sequences for these?

3 minutes ago, Art said:

Thanks

and are there some premade sequences for these?

One controller 16 channels. As far as spacing on the LOR pixels that come with it, sorry IDK. You can always ask the help desk, just submit a ticket. The last time I got a response in a couple of hours.

Yes, there are premade sequences and at least one person that shares his. You just have to watch the "sharing sequence" section of the forum.

JR

1 hour ago, Art said:

It is one physical controller, but from a sequencing and LOR license level required perspective, a fully loaded Pixie 16 is 16 Unit IDs.  Each output (not to be confused with channels) is a separate unit ID.  Since LOR license levels are based on controller IDs, a fully loaded Pixie 16 would be 16 unit IDs (and therefore by itself require an Advanced or Pro level LOR license).  My earlier comment about "not to be confused with channels" is because each output will likely have as many as several hundred sequencing channels (three for every pixel - plus macro channels).

BTW, I don't have any Pixie controllers, so my understanding is based solely at reading the documentation in order to answer questions.  In other words, I could be wrong...

5 hours ago, Art said:

great  I've got a pro version of software so the # of controllers is not an issue.

Not only that, but Pro level also means you can use the fastest network speeds.

23 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

Not only that, but Pro level also means you can use the fastest network speeds.

I don't believe that 1000K speed requires a Pro level license.  Enhanced networking does however require a Pro license.

• The topic was locked