Light-O-Rama Forums

getting a error playing media file

Tony Hefner

I'm really getting frustrated trying playing sequences with show player. When using sequence editor they play ok but when putting sequences in show editor and schedule the show I get a error with sequence, error playing media file.

I'm using S4 latest version. on a gateway ne71bo6u laptop with 8 gigs of  ram running windows 8 completely reinstalled, was having problems with win10.I made a few sequences  to test with that are using wmv video media files. When in sequence editor and video is set to full screen the sequence works fine and goes to full screen but when using  show player it starts show the video stays on the upper left top of screen. It plays all three sequences and repeats fine but when I expand it to full screen as soon a first sequence stops and new one starts everything quits and get the error message ,error with sequence, error with media file.  It only does it when I go to full screen. I'm not sure  if its programing or if its the computer video card not good enough to do this, The cpu is maxing out at 54 %. Don't know what else to try.

Where are your audio files?  Are they in the default Audio location that you chose when LOR installed?

Check your video drivers. Make sure you have the latest version. Check both the Gateway web site and the AMD web site (since it uses AMD graphics). If updating the drivers doesn't work, then please create a help desk ticket.

Matt

the wmv files are in the default audio location in where LOR was installed. And looking for see if there are new drivers

Well after going though the help desk they had me thinking what I missed. So I started going back to the beginning and did realized since I had upgraded to S4 pro I did not go back into the preferences and check the full video check box. Thought just checking in the play full screen on the pull down menu would. Hope this will help will help someone else. 

The help desk is a great tool and I thank them for there patients