Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB16DC power supply

Scot Meyers

Ok all

I have started working on my santa hack using my CMB16DC board but i cannot find in the documentation how to power this board.

I assume I need a wallwart cconverter but what level of vdc do I need 6, 12, or 24vdc?

Also (this may be a dumb ??'n) is there a place to plug in the wart to the board or do I need to cut off the end and wire it to the baord like the CMD16D board?

Scot

Scot,
What are you going to run with the CMB16DC , LEDs ? do you know the amp you will need
to run the load?

goto this link for the User Guide
http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/CMB16D_Man_Web.pdf

Jerry

Scot Meyers wrote:

Ok all

I have started working on my santa hack using my CMB16DC board but i cannot find in the documentation how to power this board.

I assume I need a wallwart cconverter but what level of vdc do I need 6, 12, or 24vdc?

Also (this may be a dumb ??'n) is there a place to plug in the wart to the board or do I need to cut off the end and wire it to the baord like the CMD16D board?

Scot

5 vdc littlemotors in my gemmy santa

to make his head rutn and lips move and his arms move

do i need a bigger vdc wart? I know that each channel can handel up to 60vdc but i want to make sure i have the right wall wart (vac to vdc) to handel the animatronics for my gemmy.

Scot,
Yes it will and if you look on the cconverter it will tell you the output VDC and amps

Jerry

Scot Meyers wrote:

Yes yes i do Will that work?

ok so do I have to cut off the end and wire it into the board or can I just plug it into the board