Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX Sequence Crashing Hard

zman

I have a test sequence that had a Charuvet Colorwash and Zap strobe. All functioned properly.

Tonight when I added a Chauvet Intimidator Spot 2.0, the sequenece locks up at .7 seconds. The lock up can not be halted with any Windows remedy. It requires a reboot to kill everything. Meaning. ALT-CNTL_DEL attemting to kill the process will not kill it. I have to reboot to get rid of it. There is no way to continue to test the issue. When re-testing, at .7 seconds, it locks up again at the same spot. I have to send this before yet again, another reboot.

Well, I have been playing with this some tonight. I threw too many new variables at it to figure out what was happening last night. One thing I think may have made a difference, was to be sure that the zap strobe was on the end of the chain, it has the terminator built in and is active.

Tonight, it is working without locking up LOR and requiring a reboot. It does take a while to get used to the DMX to LOR conversions, then individually controlling the channels.

Fun Stuff though!

• 2 weeks later...

Well today was not kind on the testing front. iDMX and the SE locked up 7 times very hard, all requiring reboots. I have sent some detailed emails to LOR with a copy of my sequence.

I am also seeing very inconsistent restults using a strobe. These issues I think can not be device related as I have seen it with 2 brands of strobes. Either I am doing something wrong, or there is an iDMX issue. I never rule out the former,........... Here is keeping my fingers crossed.

• The topic was locked