Light-O-Rama Forums

How can you start LOR II

randydoan

I am looking at purchasing the program and hardware for a project with our local fire department to control lighting, video, and smoke to simulate a house fire for our fire safety house. I need to be able to start the program at any time. Can I simply start the program from my computer at any time, or does it have to run from a schedule? Any help would be appreciated.

randydoan wrote:

I am looking at purchasing the program and hardware for a project with our local fire department to control lighting, video, and smoke to simulate a house fire for our fire safety house. I need to be able to start the program at any time. Can I simply start the program from my computer at any time, or does it have to run from a schedule? Any help would be appreciated.

You can start it any time. You can use manual start or triggers {Switch's - Requires a director}.

Harrison

Randydoan, that sounds intersting. I would be intersted in learning more about this project. Our safety house is full manual. It would be neat to create a show were the dvd plays, smoke machine cues at the appropriate time, then the lights go out. Let me know how this turns out.

OK. Here's the deal. We are now in a fire safety trailer which is full manual. We are in the process of building a new building which will have a theater including a old restored fire engine. We thought of running fire safety videos and having lights and sound from the engine in conjunction with live action.

In another room would be a kitchen with lights to show hazards found in kitchens and around the house. Not sure what else at this time.

In the bedroom, we have an ides of what we want. Demonstrating how to escape a burning house. We are thinking of having the lights dim, the bedroom door heating up, the sound of fire approaching from another part of the house, and the look of fire coming from the air conditioner vents from above along with smoke.

In looking at this product, I believe we should be able to do all of this with separate controllers for each room.

If you have any other ideas, let me know. I'll try and let you know how everything turns out. We're looking at a few months from now.