Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding smiley faces and such

brichi

quick question, How can i draw out smiley faces and things like that in Pixel Editor?

I have tried to do it in SS, then export as SE, then go to PE and migrate the data but this seems like a lot to have to go through just to add a pixel smiley face

To make it look the best, use Photoshop or Paint.net program (I prefer Paint.net, and it's free)  and adjust the canvas to the same size as your matrix and draw one out.  (or you can import one if you have one).  Then use the picture effect in PE.

i tried the picture s far but i have to get it right, i downloaded a quick emoji smiley face and used it as a picture in PE and it looked "ok". Drawing one out like you said will probably work best, ill give it a shot, thank you

11 hours ago, Little_b said:

To make it look the best, use Photoshop or Paint.net program (I prefer Paint.net, and it's free)  and adjust the canvas to the same size as your matrix and draw one out.  (or you can import one if you have one).  Then use the picture effect in PE.

I tried but can't seem to get it to look ok, do you have a sample you can share so I can see possibly. I am doing a tree 25 pixels high (8 feet) by 16 strings wide

Keep in mind with a small matrix, the picture quality won't be very high.  So you will want to make it as simple as possible, and not add a lot of details.  I made a quick smiley face in Paint.net hopefully you can see what I mean by changing the canvas size.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8be-G776g_CdzV1MnZHVG1scWc

• The topic was locked