Light-O-Rama Forums

Drum Prop idea

bdwillie

Looking for some input.  All standard led, no RGB.   I want to make a prop that would be round and lined / filled with white LEDS  ( a drum head ) with four sticks, two upper, and two lower lined / filled with red LEDS.  The lower would  go down into the round circle (sort of like this, but into not next to  \O/  )  and the uppers would be above the drum head ( sort of like this  /O\ but above it)  THe drum head would get a channel,  the left upper and right lower would be on one channel, and the left lower and right upper would be on one channel.  3 channels total.  By alternating the the two channels on/off, in my head it would look like the sticks were beating the drum heads.  Has anyone tried this?  If so any advice?  

You could build your own maybe be the first. Or if you have the funds go over to HC and purchase their drumming skeleton and if needed for Xmas just not turn the skeleton lights on or put a Santa/ Elf hat on him.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunatly have not bern able to work on it. Recovering from a ruptured appendix and associated surgery. Ugh! Did purchase the items i am going to use for the frame before surgery so when I can get to the shed will start the build

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, bdwillie said:

Unfortunatly have not bern able to work on it. Recovering from a ruptured appendix and associated surgery. Ugh! Did purchase the items i am going to use for the frame before surgery so when I can get to the shed will start the build

Hate it for you. Trust me when I say I know exactly what you are going through with surgeries. Hopefully yours went better than mine. Take your time recovering, get well soon.

4 hours ago, bdwillie said:

Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Take your time.

• 4 months later...

Well I was finally able to get to my drum project.  Think it turned out ok for a hairbrained idea!  Used a cheap three channel DMX controller from Amazon.  Used the RED channel for the drum head, The GREEN channel for the right down and left up stick, and the BLUE channel for the right up and left down stick.  Of course as soon as I got the phone out, one small section of the drum winked out,  will fix that in a day or two.  Will try to get a Vimeo address posted for it.  Not fancy or the best in the world but still kinda proud of it!!

https://www.amazon.com/RGBSIGHT-Channel-Controller-Decoder-Control/dp/B013E1XU7Q/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1498438862&sr=8-5&keywords=3+channel+dmx+controller