Light-O-Rama Forums

ws2812 strip

travis p

small question i have a roll of ws2812 led i got from ray wu im using a 6802 controller all setting look fine when i run the test from the 6802 web page every thing works great but when i try to run a test sequence with lor leds flash and blink any ideas?

Travis,  Two things.  First is that I'm really good with setting up and using E682 controllers, so I should be able to help you out.  Second, I gather that when you run your test sequence, you are not getting the result that you expect.  You're sort of vague in your description of what is wrong.  Note that (at least we assume) that you are talking about a SanDevice E682 controller (not 6802).

Last thing.  Please use something that at least sort of resembles proper punctuation and capitalization.  I had to read your one long run together paragraph about three times to figure out where some of the sentence breaks were supposed to be.

• Like 1

well first off.i did not ask for a lesson in punctuation.And and sorry i added a0 to 682.test from th 682 web page go fine.network settings are set.lights twinkle from lor.or blink.

You still have not told us what the lights are doing vs what your sequence should be doing. Something like:
Sequence has all pixels red, then green, then blue for one second each color, followed by each pixel one at a time stepping through the three colors then moving to the next pixel. But what the lights are actually doing is xxxxxxx (be specific and detailed).
Many of us quite willing to help, but you are our eyes. We can't see your computer screen, or your lights, or read your mind. We depend on you giving us enough information in a useful manner in order for us to help you.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Jim it does not matter what  color thay are  all three test from the 682s web page are fine. No blinking .When i try and run a simple chase tru lor the leds Blink or twinkle .  all leds that are programed blink. all the others stay off.i did hook my geces to it changed the web settings to  gece thay work fine.

I take it that they are 5 volt WS2811 strips. Or did you change power supplies and the voltage jumpers on the E692 for a different voltage?

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Jim it does not matter what  color thay are  all three test from the 682s web page are fine. No blinking .When i try and run a simple chase tru lor the leds Blink or twinkle .  all leds that are programed blink. all the others stay off.i did hook my geces to it changed the web settings to  gece thay work fine.

Edited by travis p

27 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I take it that they are 5 volt WS2811 strips. Or did you change power supplies and the voltage jumpers on the E692 for a different voltage?

jim like it says in my first post the led strip is ws2812 NOT ws 2811 im starting to think its not in the 2811 class.i was hoping to stay with strips.but nobody carries strips where each led is addressable. Guess ill have to go with the square nodes.

2811 and 2812 are the same chip - just packaged different. Almost all 5 volt strips have each LED addressable. Almost all 12 volt strips have the chip drive three LEDs.
Is that what your original issue has been - that the LEDs are controlled in groups of three?

BTW, now that I'm not typing on my phone, I can explain the why on the 12 volt for three LEDs vs 5 volt one LED concept.  Just ask if you want the longer answer.

jim like it says in my first post the led strip is ws2812 NOT ws 2811 im starting to think its not in the 2811 class.i was hoping to stay with strips.but nobody carries strips where each led is addressable. Guess ill have to go with the square nodes.

Edited by travis p

8 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

BTW, now that I'm not typing on my phone, I can explain the why on the 12 volt for three LEDs vs 5 volt one LED concept.  Just ask if you want the longer answer.

hanks jim i under stand   the lights are 5 volt dc the leds are lighting as asked but flash  do i need to do a video?

Do you mean that the lights flash when they should be steady?  But when you re-configured for GECE bulbs, they worked with the same sequence from LOR?

You are welcome to post a video if you want.