Light-O-Rama Forums

Easier way to create a 1 bar VU Meter?

brichi

on another note, any reason why on my PC a lot of the options for vegomatic get cut off like in the pics below. I have a windows 7 HP laptop running a 1920x1080 resolution, even changing the screen res doest help

pic 1

pic 2

Edited by brichi

actually that didn't work either cause it still pasted it across 6 pixels in LOR, I think I'm giving up on this one, lol. followed the videos to a t but they paste different volume levels across multiple rgb pixels, I just want them all to be combined and pasted as 1 output for all pixels to raise and lower at the same time as if it were just a regular plug in light, non rgb

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Actually that was me.  I was remembering Bob's program to be SepEx rather than SpEx.  Yes you are right that Android sometimes has a field day with technical writing.

And get you mind out of the gutter - and come back to the sewer, where there's running water...

:)

LOL, its been a ruff couple days of sequencing with some weird stuff going on between my 12 yo laptop and v18 or just a coincidence who knows but I am about ready to put the old girl down for the count. I have given this laptop cpr too many times.

That made a good laugh for me when I saw it.

Time for bed here too.

Bob maybe tomorrow I can screencast what I'm doing and u can see maybe what I am doing wrong or maybe what I want to do is just not possible unless I manually set fade up and down through the song based on the volume oh her voice.

I watched and duplicated ur setup for the single string but it's still pasting across 100 pixels each at a different bar in the vocal in stead of combining it all to raise on lower based on volume. Picture ur video and instead of having the center pixels lighting up l, they all light up.

Thanks again for all ur help! Ttyt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I understand your goal.  You have have a bunch of controllable pixels you want all to show the same.   This seems like one of those cases where you need to press cntl-v a few times.   If you were using a cosmic color device you could set the resolution to 1 which means control all pixels using the value in the first pixel. 

thanks Bob, they are RayWu strips on a LOR controller (Pixie4)  Im still playing with spex and thinking up different idea to get cool effects out of Mariahs voice, when she used to be able to sing, lol

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2017 at 1:44 PM, Don said:

i am trying the SpEx2 program again and have it working pretty good on my 16x50 pixel tree but I'm trying to get the colors right. For a normal EQ on a mixer the first lets say 30 pixels would be green, then 15 yellow and 5 red for "peak" look, How can i do this? for all the setting i try it mixed red yellow and green all over the tree, its not keeping the order green/yellow/red from bottom to top as you can see in the pics

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9ihWse8JZsoTmNmT0h1WndxZjA

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9ihWse8JZsoMnotb1FZUHctQjg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9ihWse8JZsoVEZNeGJCdEN5SXc

Edited by brichi

In the color picker increase the sliders up to the height of your matrix. In this case you dont want the colors to move across the matrix so set color speed to zero.

not following you 100%, sorry BobO, can you send a pic of an example, not sure where the color speed is and what sliders to set to the height of my matrix which is 50 pixels, thanks!

got it, took sme playing around with. It seemed that Spex wasnt saving the colors right, i set the colors to gree/yellow/red and it would output in a different order, then i would reset it and the color bar would show red but the little square above it marked 1 was green, definitely weird stuff going on but i got it to show green/yellow/red like a real eq. thank you. and i got your video Bob on the volume stuff, going to play sunday with it, thanks!