Light-O-Rama Forums

seems to have downloaded, program wont start

Illumination Station

Hello all, new here. Received my first controller PC3g with advanced software running windows 10 on a 64 bit machine ( I hate windows 10). I got the downloaded version of software and the disk and have downloaded both. Went thru the install wizard and everything seemed good although when I try to open the program the install wizard starts again. I look in my Program Files and Light O rama is there with all its content but just cant find where to open program. Almost like the download is leaving out something. The USB 485 software seemed to download fine but I obviously haven't gotten that far. Question' do I have to do something with the license key? My software disk is the 4.2.12 and the downloaded from the light o rama sight is 4.2.18 I believe. Thanks for any help

3 hours ago, Illumination Station said:

Hello all, new here. Received my first controller PC3g with advanced software running windows 10 on a 64 bit machine ( I hate windows 10). I got the downloaded version of software and the disk and have downloaded both. Went thru the install wizard and everything seemed good although when I try to open the program the install wizard starts again. I look in my Program Files and Light O rama is there with all its content but just cant find where to open program. Almost like the download is leaving out something. The USB 485 software seemed to download fine but I obviously haven't gotten that far. Question' do I have to do something with the license key? My software disk is the 4.2.12 and the downloaded from the light o rama sight is 4.2.18 I believe. Thanks for any help

Did you receive the email with the key? Directions are in the email if I remember correctly.

I have my light o rama in my system tray, looks like a red light bulb. In order to open the various software within just right click on the red light bulb. You will need Hardware Utility first, as soon as you can get that far.

Just be sure to follow the directions that were included in the kit. They are spot on.

Also, welcome to the addiction!

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Sounds like a failed download and/or a failed install. Uninstall the software and the drivers. Delete the downloaded files and re-download from scratch. Re-boot and attempt the install again.

The license key is not needed to complete the install. Once installed properly you can enter the key in the help/upgrade menu to access all the program features.

If you cant figure it out pm (private message) me your number and I will do my best to walk you through setup. To pm just click on my UN and it will take you to my profile and about center you should see something like "send message" of something. May be an envelope that you have to click on.

May want to disable any security programs for the download.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

How were you launching? I think the first launch MUST be the LOR control panel. You need to complete some setting questions

The (s4) software installed just fine on W10 Pro. I suggest that all other windows be closed and you do not 'multi task' during the install. there are layers and one might submerge . A Reboot is suggested.

BTW the RS485 dongle driver is a separate install that is done BEFORE you attach the dongle