Light-O-Rama Forums
Dave76

Mini Trees

I know there has been a lot of talk about the spiral mini trees that I am working on. To save this thread a little I have started a "build thread" for my show, and props for this year if anyone wants to check it out: 

Thanks for all the advice today!

I visited my Walmart today and they only have the standard tomato cages today, however they now have painted ones. I have never seen them before.

On 1/29/2017 at 0:43 PM, caniac said:

IMG_2087_zpselxdczoh.jpg

IMG_2088_zpsfkiuezsa.jpg

What to you do with the twisty thing on top?

10 hours ago, SPaschall said:

These are the same ones I use, I had to go to three different Wal Marts to find 16 of them. I have used them for two years and they have been great.

SPaschall

you might have been our original inspiration on these.  someone posted a pic here 2-3 years ago that I showed my wife and it sent us on the hunt.  Needed two more last year so we went on the hunt once again and found two more.

What to you do with the twisty thing on top?

I use them as a handle lol! I have thought of putting a strobe or C7/9 in there but I can't justify 16 channels for that.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, SPaschall said:

I use them as a handle lol! I have thought of putting a strobe or C7/9 in there but I can't justify 16 channels for that.

It is just big enough for a standard C9, would take some persuasion to get a C9 pixel bulb in it.  Not big enough for a Xeon Strobe.  Made a short one light C9 string for mine.

2 hours ago, SPaschall said:

I have thought of putting a strobe... but I can't justify 16 channels for that.

For strobes, just use one channel, or two to break up the firing a little.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SPaschall said:

I think as long as you are using Xeon Strobes (I think that's the name) and not LED's then can go on one channel because they fire randomly (LED strobes tend to all come on at once and don't start flashing random for at least 10+ seconds).  Santas Helper is spot on with that.

Actually I was talking about the C7/9's when talking about the channels. I have as many as 40 strobes on a channel now in our display. Thanks for the replies though.

SPaschall