Light-O-Rama Forums
Dave76

Pixel String Question(s)

On 1/27/2017 at 11:35 PM, uncledan said:

It looks like this mounting hardware from Holidaycoro. http://www.holidaycoro.com/12mm-Strip-Holder-p/766.htm  I have used a ton of this stuff.  Little pricey but very clean install. Majority of my house outline has been on my house since mid 2015 with no failures.  Key is waterproofing.  

tried it with little to no luck, I found it difficult to work with so I went old school with 1/2" pvc and the 1/2" clips.

I was walking in Lowes yesterday and some some sort of aluminum channel in the windows section. It had holes in it that looked as if it would accommodate pixel nodes. Unfortunately I left my wallet in my wife's car so entire trip was a bust or I would have picked it up as a test. When I grow up to start lining my home I will probably use the pvc since I did purchase the jig to make the holes

tried it with little to no luck, I found it difficult to work with so I went old school with 1/2" pvc and the 1/2" clips.

In what way did you feel it was hard to work with? Honestly, I love the channels for strip. It was a few screws to hang and has held up well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, whitebuck said:

In what way did you feel it was hard to work with? Honestly, I love the channels for strip. It was a few screws to hang and has held up well.

never could get the translucent cap to snap on, tried pushing, tried sliding, no luck.  I now have ten of them collecting dust.

never could get the translucent cap to snap on, tried pushing, tried sliding, no luck.  I now have ten of them collecting dust.

Which strip did you try to use? Some of the 30/30 and 60/60 with Buck converters won't fit. 30/10 is what I used.

Which strip did you try to use? Some of the 30/30 and 60/60 with Buck converters won't fit. 30/10 is what I used.

1 hour ago, whitebuck said:

whatever was the cheaper waterproof strips from HC.  there was room for them but never could get the cap to snap (thought of using a rubber mallet but figured that might cause other issues).

whatever was the cheaper waterproof strips from HC.  there was room for them but never could get the cap to snap (thought of using a rubber mallet but figured that might cause other issues).

Well, I don't know without seeing, but I didn't have that problem.

3 hours ago, whitebuck said:

No problems here as well.  I have about 500 feet of the stuff on my house.  I love it!  Time consuming but very clean

I have also contemplated not using the cover and just zip tying them into the channel. I can understand if your on a ladder that it might make it harder, but the most trouble I have had was getting the cover off to change a bad strip.

I use the HC channel for my bursts. I use 30/30 which as stated doesn't fit so I flipped them and adhered them to the back. 

Personaly, I don't care for the look when using the defusser. But I have experimented with it and it can be difficult to snap on but once on, works well, if you like that look.

And agree with whitebuck, taking that cover off is a pita. 

• Like 1