Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon16

movieman4

Hello , i want to run a pixcon 16 with 16 rgb smart light strings on it

i have also 4 arches with 4 CCB.

My licence is now advanced with superstar CCB4

Do i need to upgrade to pro and to superstar CCB/CCR 24?

TIA! Ronald from The Netherlands

Assuming you are planning on sequencing in SuperStar, you will need to upgrade your SuperStar license.  You only need to upgrade to Pro if you need the features added - which is primarily Pixel Editor, ELOR networks, and Intensity files.

Just to clarify the Pixcon.

A Pixcon can run on two different networks. If you run on an E1.31 network then all you need is an Advanced license to run E1.31. However, If you want to run the Pixcon on an LOR network then you must have the Pro license as the Pixcon requires ELOR (enhanced network) which is only available with a Pro license. Also, if you run it on an enhaced LOR network all other controllers on that network must also be capabale of running ELOR. If you have any controllers that can't run ELOR then you will have to create a second LOR network, one for regular and one for enhanced.

You will also need the red USB485HS for a high speed network.

Edited by Mr. P

Ah, ok , I think i will run it in a separate network thru a router using E.1.31 or will be the ELOR network better?

i use the CMB24D , ctb16pc and CCP100

i use indeed superstar for sequencing so i will upgrade that to a higher level.

Thank you,

Ronald

Good point Mr. P about the ELOR network. Didn't think about that - although I knew it...
MovieMan, if it was me, I would likely run the Pixcon in E1.31 mode. However I already use E1.31 for other controllers and am VERY familiar with the networking side of it. The other thing I recall is that you must use Ethernet to configure the Pixcon, and from another thread there were issues with having both LOR network and Ethernet connections at the same time (I don't have a Pixcon so that is just what I recall reading, and could be wrong).

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

• The topic was locked