Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR CCRII vs others like HolidayCoro

brichi

hey guys, I notice the holidaycoro smart pixel strips ar about $30 less then a LOR CCRII smart strip, Why is this? some people say its because the CCR's from LOR come with a controller but they don't now, so are they better built or brighter then RayWu or Holidaycoro? I don't get why they're $30 more when its the same strip pretty much. 

I believe the LOR strips you are talking about, arfe the non-ccr ones.   The CCR/CCB/CCP still use a dedicated LOR controller. 

LOR has excellent warranty and support and ais reflected to some degree, in their pricing. 

these are the ones I'm referring to, $60, no controller - http://store.lightorama.com/cocoriiic.html

the support and warranty are great but they say once you cut them it voids the warranty which i do right out of the box because I'm doing window frames so I'm cutting every few feet so the support and warranty on them are irrelevant to me but if they were brighter and better strips then i would stick with the LOR CCR

I for one never run my pixel strips at 100% intensity as they're too bright at that level for most peoples eyes and they would tend to overpower non-pixel elements.  I would be surprised the LOR strips are brighter but as other have mentioned the price difference could be customer support and quality or any other number of factors.

I just compared a CCRII I purchased along with a RayWU strip and they both look good, the differences I see are

1. the LOR CCRII is definitely a little brighter and the whites are white where the RayWu one look mor purple'ish

2. The LOR won ws2811 800khz and 400 kHz  and I had to change the controller to 400 in order to run the raywu lights, I have no idea what the real difference is between running at 400 vs 800 but the raywu had to run at 400

3. the build quality of the waterproofing silicone is definitely better and connectors at end seem better

again, not bashing any strips, they both work and look great but I do definitely see a difference between the 2. below are the 2 I bought

LOR CCRII

RayWu

Also keep in mind, I don't know if it would make a difference, but the 6803 are 5 bit pixels (32k colors) and the 2811 are 8 bit pixels (16M colors).

2 minutes ago, brichi said:

thanks but I didn't have any 6803's

My bad, the CCRII are 2811, the CCR are 6803. CCR this CCR that now I am confusing myself.  :wacko:

lol, I just realized too the "raywu" one I posted and bought are actually not RayWu, lol.... I was on the Ali site clicking around and must have went off the raywu store and bought 

• Brand Name:HSH HENG SHENG HUANG TECHNOLOGY CO LTD
  •  

"

7 minutes ago, brichi said:

lol, I just realized too the "raywu" one I posted and bought are actually not RayWu, lol.... I was on the Ali site clicking around and must have went off the raywu store and bought 

• Brand Name:HSH HENG SHENG HUANG TECHNOLOGY CO LTD
  •  

"

Did you buy the waterproof ones? Figured Id ask since you clicked on the wrong store. The store you listed above has both options on the single form.