Light-O-Rama Forums

Custom matrix configuration question

oilmoney

I am considering getting 3 of the 16 pixel string packages. Before I buy I am wondering if it's possible to have a horizontal matrix sandwiched between two vertical matrixs and have them work as one unit. The shape I'm thinking of is basically lower case " n " but with 90 deg corners. What is the length of a pixel string as I'd like to be able to fold it in half for a height of half the string ( if it's long enough and wouldn't look bad ). Do you think that pixels arranged in this configuration would show the effects well or is it back to the drawing board? Sorry for the multi question post but the questions kinda fit together in my drug induced opinion. Did i mention I'm still on painkillers? If I take enough of them I get my own personal light show!

• Like 1

Yes, that would be possible. You would want the width of the vertical matrices to be the same as the height of the horizontal matrix. The other thing is you would want to create all 3 sections as horizontal matrices and then rotate the 2 ends by 90 degrees. Then create a group with all 3 props and an arrangement of horizontal. Now effects that move left or right would move smoothly around your n-shaped prop.

Matt

22 hours ago, oilmoney said:

Thanks again Matt, do you think it would look good?

I'm happy to help on software setup, but I'm not going to comment on aesthetics - you need to be the judge of that :)

• Like 1