Light-O-Rama Forums

Want the Pixel Editor but don't want to change to S4

oilmoney

Hi, I'm looking at incorporating a pixel matrix or two into the display this year. If I pay the upgrade fee can I just use the editor and then transplant the sequence into my existing S3 file or is it S4 or nothing. What happens to my existing S3 files if I switch to S4, can I just copyépaste or do I have to start all overÉ. My current license is 3.10.0.14  As I have a 24CCR license as well I realize that I would have to upgrade that as well. Sorry for the punctuation, every once in awhile some accidentally pushes a couple keys on the board and all my question marks change to this ÉÉÉÉÉÉ lol.

Edited by oilmoney

The upgrade fee for PE is when you already have a lower S4 version that doesn't include PE.

Sequences will upgrade from S3 to S4 but guessing, as the case with many program, you can't go backwards..S4 to S3 sequence.

If you want to stay with S3, then look into xlights for pixel editing,  It's free and basically has the same effects as PE such as a picture, text and so on.  S3 and xlights so far has meet my needs.  Too mucyh of a cost to upgrade for me to S4, just to get PE.

The Pixel Editor is included in all versions of S4. However, to use the Pixel Editor output in your shows requires a PRO level license. At lower license levels, you can create a Pixel sequence, with the only restriction being that you can't generate the output that is used in a show.

Getting the latest S4 version is easy! Just purchase an upgrade, which renews your license for a year as well as upgrading your license level. Doing so now will also entitle you to the new S5 version when it is released -- with an LOR software license, version upgrades are free for a year from license purchase or renewal.

http://store.lightorama.com/s2soup.html

The cost of the upgrade will be a small fraction of what you end up spending on pixels and controllers.

Matt Brown

• Like 1

Matt, is the upgrade pricing in the link you provided, for upgrade from a lower to highter version of S4?

If going from Advance 3.12 to S4 Pro, is it an upgraede cost of $50 or a whole new purchase of $190?  I was assuming $190 but if it's $50, it would be kind of a no brainer to upgrade.

3 minutes ago, mpageler said:

Matt, is the upgrade pricing in the link you provided, for upgrade from a lower to highter version of S4?

If going from Advance 3.12 to S4 Pro, is it an upgraede cost of $50 or a whole new purchase of $190?  I was assuming $190 but if it's $50, it would be kind of a no brainer to upgrade.

It's an upgrade. Going from Advanced to Pro is an upgrade. $50.

Pay for the upgrade to Pro, then download the current version of S4.  Your S3 files will work just fine with S4 software (but you not be able to go back).  There are a few differences to get used to with S4, but after a little learning, you will never want to go back to S3.  S4 has some major advantages over S3.