Light-O-Rama Forums

Western Pennsylvania Meetup

ClydeL

Pittsburgh PA Light-up group

Saturday, April 22, 2017
Setup at 7:30am so arrive when you like
End time: when you want to leave, or we are kicked out :)

Kings Family Restaurant in Harmar PA.
Address is:
5 Alpha Dr E
Pittsburgh, PA 15238

It is located just off the exit ramp from the PA Turnpike (AKA I76)

Everyone near and far is welcome to attend. The meeting room can handle 40 more. I expect to meet for breakfast, say around 8:30am...This is meant as a meet-up and not an official MINI. I imagine there will be plenty of questions on different sequencing software. I'm sure we can do an Xlights or LOR class. We may even have a P10 and FPP expert on hand.

Plenty of experience will be here from static displays, Xlights and LOR LED/incan setups, to full RGB display operators. Talk about your awesome 2016 display! Bring some videos, photos, new props, your laptop, and all your talent.

The cost of entry is... Purchase a breakfast, lunch, or dinner with a drink, and tip the server well. We can't get the cost any lower! Hope to meet some more folks this coming meetup.

We do have a HiDef 65" flat screen in the room for large group instruction if needed. There is also FREE WiFi. I recommend the Super 8 motel which is across from the Restaurant. There is also a Day's Inn motel right next door. There are a few new hotels, the Hampton Inn and another if you want to spend the Big $$$. From Harmar, Pa, there are 2 major shopping locations within less than 10 miles... Fox Chapel (Waterworks Mall), and Pittsburgh Mills (with the mall).

I will bring some props and hopefully the F16v3 :D

If you have any questions, you know what to do! Any ideas on how we can make this a better event, please share!

Thanks
Clyde L.

• 2 months later...

Pittsburgh PA light-up for April 22 is canceled. Due to unforeseen circumstances we will not be holding the event. A new meet-up date/time/location has not yet been established. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 2 weeks later...

We have resecheduled

Western Pa Meet-up Group ***RESCHEDULED***
 We have just confirmed a new day and location for the Western Pa Lighting Meet-up.

When:
 Saturday, May 6
 10:00am till 6:00pm

Located at:
 Carnegie Free Library in Connellsville, Pennsylvania.
 Address is:
 299 S. Pittsburgh St.
 Connellsville, PA 15425

There is a large auditorium style room which will include a video projector. This room will easily seat more than 100 people. The library also offers free WiFi. There is a Café inside the library where we can get fresh soups, salads, and Panini sandwiches. As long as we utilize the café, there is no charge for use of the auditorium. The library will also advertise this as a “free class” so there is the potential to have visitors from the local community come in and check things out. I will include a copy of the Café’s menu in the post below. Also, we are responsible for setting up and breaking down the auditorium.

We won’t be holding “formal classes” but I am prepared to use the projector and demo how to start an xLights layout, build basic props, begin simple sequences, and review some of the effects. If you’re interested in singing faces, I’ll be happy to walk you through the process of creating these types of sequences. We can review any information on LOR as well.  I plan to bring a few Boscoyo Singing props and a 6 foot tall pixel tree. I will have the new F16v3 on hand to show how it works.

We will have some door prizes provided by James at Boscoyo Studios and maybe some other vendors as well! We are waiting on a few replies.

There are a few local motels (in Connellsville) you will easily find by using Google. The larger city of Uniontown is 20 minutes south, and you’ll find a large number of nationally known lodging chains to chose from. This includes: The Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Suites, Fairfield Inn, Park Inn , Super 8, Hampton Inn, and a few others. I believe prices start around $60 and go up, so pretty affordable for an overnight stay.

If you have any questions, please leave them below. Any ideas on how we can make this a better even, please share
Thanks
 Clyde L.

• The topic was locked