Light-O-Rama Forums

Fog Machine

TitusCarnathan

Now if I got this Right you can wire a fog machine to light o rama

here is how I guess you can do it

you will need you will need the

iDMX-1000 adapter for lor

the chauvet DMX Fog/Snow Adapter

and a supported Chauvet brand Fog Machine if done correctly you could hook up a fog machine that the lor software operates it I checked the manual for the Dmx Fog/Snow Adapter on Chauvet's website if I understand correctly The Dmx Fog/snow Adapter Plugs in Where Your Fog machine Remote would Plug in at and use the dimmer mode on your software to set the fog burst interval times form 0 - 255 since it is dmx we got to convert it to lor 0-100 with the chart but it still might work

I've use LOR to control many fog machines by modifying the remote(adding a 120v relay. Use the n/o contacts across the manual button, the 120v coil goes to a LOR channel.) When ever you turn on that channel you have fog.

There was a how to post (on PC?). Can't find but am looking on building a relay. There is also a method of driving the fog machine directly off LOR by hacking the manual switch but I can't find that one either.

OK, I found this one at DIY http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=868

I'll look too. I found the relay to be the safe way. Most for machines use a computer style cord connector for the remote. I use old computer power extension cables, cut the end off and wire it to a relay then add a 110v power cord. This way i still have the use of the remote for other applications

Depends. Power source (appliance module) will not work as fog machines have a long warm up cycle. You might be able to use a universal module to trigger via wired remote.