Light-O-Rama Forums

create 2 arches off 1-100 pixel strip in visualizer

brichi

I can't figure this out for the life of me

I have a pixie 4, 1 100 pixel 5M smart pixel strip to feed 2 separate arches off channel 1 of the pixie 4

How do i set this up in visualizer since it wont let me start at pixel "51", seems 50 is the max

thanks!

As far as I know, this is a case of the software not being caught up with the hardware.  I assume that a updated release of the LOR software will fix this issue.  However, here is a work around so you can start sequencing until the update comes out.  Add those as DMX pixels using the draw pixel string icon.  Assign them a dummy DMX universe.  That will allow you to import the visualization into Sequence Editor or Pixel Editor.  After the software catches up, you can redraw the arch as LOR channels and delete the pixels based arch.  Unfortunately you can't modify the pixel type within Visualizer.  This will work importing into SuperStar if you do it right.  I don't know if this works with Pixel Editor as I don't use it.

i was trying in visualizer but can also do in PE if its easier and you know how. I liked the idea of doing it in Visualizer being i am mainly programming most likely in SE and then cleaning up to add effects in PE

Edited by brichi

You will have to program it in either one or the other. At this moment you can't use both due to the intensity data files.

SPaschall

I figured I could program all the things I want to do in SE and then open that file in PE and fill in the blank spaces I leave open for PE effects

I guess my other option is to buy another pixie4 and do 50 pixels per channel/arch instead of running 100 off 1 channel

Why when the one board would cover the one universe for the strip?

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

cause I cant program them in visualizer pretty much, I cant setup the 8 arches in my house to program, the wife would love that, LOL

I have a Pixie4 card, I did it the way Jim (K6ccc) said to.  Later I did created one in SS, and that ended up being my primary viz for sequencing. Then just exported it into SE.   Again set up as DMX, export as legacy and then cut&paste into SE.

I don't see how to export as legacy, here is what I a doing, can you guys correct what I am doing wrong?

1. opening Visualizer

2. create a new blank start 800x800

3. click "Draw pixel string"

4. draw 2 arches in one sweep

5. double click, box comes up to name as prop and 100 pixels

6. click ok to recommended setting

7. wizard set to universe 1 pixel 1

export

I don't see anything to make it legacy and is I open PE to try and import it looks for a .lee file but my export is a .lpf

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:22 AM, k6ccc said:

.  Add those as DMX pixels using the draw pixel string icon.  Assign them a dummy DMX universe.  That will allow you to import the visualization into Sequence Editor

Thanks, I got it working for PE but cant figure out how to import the visualization into SE

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:22 AM, k6ccc said:

actually in PE i can set it all but it wont control the lights, I'm definitely missing something (Control lights is on in PE, just not controlling being its DMX vs LOR I'm guessing)

Make sure your control panel is open and everything matches in the network settings. If you are using a high spees adaptor make sure you have it set for enhanced in the network settings.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

yeah thats set, it all works if i set normal LOR channels but making a DMX pixie string lights up in visualizer and PE but does not make the physical lights turn on. Im still not seeing where legacy is. 

you guys have a step by step on how you're setting up using DMX strings and then having them actually work on a LOR pixie4? The pixie is obviously set to LOR mode, not DMX

Edited by brichi

I'm using the LOR usb high speed adapter to ethernet to the pixie4

Edited by brichi