Light-O-Rama Forums
NTJP

Music Copyright laws???

a31ford    42

I for one understand mikes stance on all this.... Many years ago in a rock band in Alberta Canada in a tiny hick town doing a back 3 filler, the band i was doing sound for, got hit by some bottom feeding jerk that screamed SOCAN.  All said and done, cost the band some 24000 bucks for back fines and all to be legit for the next 3 years after that. It was long ago and far far away. But the awful taste it left in my mouth is still there today....

TheDucks    28
On 1/4/2017 at 10:41 AM, dibblejr said:

We are all doomed.

We would all be in violation for nothing more than playing our car stereo with our windows down. How about on the lake with the wake towers with 10,000 watts of music being broadcast to the guy/ gal holding on for dear life on the tether. A simple BBQ at the park, Christmas party at work and the list could go on and on.

Unless you are profiting from it I do not think any of us small residential users have to worry. Does ABC and the rest of the networks pay a royalty while they share the videos of the Christmas Light contests?

That's IMHO.

JR

It is also about intent.  Did you roll down your windows so everyone else could hear?

Operating a FM transmitter at 93.1 shows intent (as if the deer repellent sign, did not :P)

• Like 1

DevMike    429

FYI... I split the discussion about sequence copyrights from this thread and created a new one found here: