Light-O-Rama Forums

Show ran good for two days

Light junky

On 12/30/2016 at 9:58 AM, Light junky said:

Know it's not finding the controller new cat5 10ft from first box I am new too this can someone help

What do you mean "new cat5"?  Did you just replace the cable?

Maybe you could start all over with how you are running your show first. ie (minidirector, laptop, desktop ect.) then explain what was going on in your area (snowstorm, ice, rain). Where are your boxes located? What controllers, software version. More of the facts surrounding and maybe you can get some assistance.

I take it that the first thing you did when it stopped working was replace your cat5 cable? If it was running fine for two days why would you just replace the cat5 cable first?

I think more info would get you a better chance of success.

The great people here will help you

Happy New Year

JR

Box are under the cover of porch covered up changed the cat5 just to see if that what was wrong use a laptop just cold no snow or rain lights all on in the boxs go il h u finds no unit show runs no lights the light button is checked reboot laptop still no lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this also might sound a little stupid but have you added another sequence someone else shared that hasn't been configured to your controller numbers?

i don't know much about the Animated Lighting controllers, but if they are like LOR with the power light and it is on then the computer is connected to them

Id start by disconnecting all controllers. Connect one controller in and see if it works. If it runs then you know it is good. Disconnect that one and test the other in the same method. Once you know all three work or which do not work you can move on from there.

Once you know which ones work then start the daisy chain process, connect the first working one in and then connect the next in each phase make sure all is working before moving on.

Process of elimination

BTW- can you still hear music?

JR