Light-O-Rama Forums
brichi

Bad Ray Wu strip or Pixie4 cant handle it?

yes, in the hardware utility I had to go into the cosmic config and set to 100, I'm an idiot, I kept missing that when lloking through it. thanks guys

Edited by brichi

So, now that you have that figured out.. Have you figured out how you blew the comm chip? 

no but I'm afraid to plug in the RayWu strip taking this chance of blowing it again, everything with the LOR CCR's are working great. 

If wired correctly there's absolutely no way that the ray wu light strip could damage the board. 

It's far more likely that static electricity from you would damage the board or that chip.

ill give it another go, right now I tore it apart, Ill resolder on new connections and test. 

Hi just something to think about if your buying more strips most people I know use the 2811 strip with 50 pixels  their on sale now at Holiday Lights Express .

thank you, I was trying the 100 pixel ones for the arch but I don't see too much of a difference really so I'm sticking with the 50's most likely. the 60's look cool though if wrapping windows and such being its double the leds wrapped around

Actually I have 3 100 count strips I cut them in half put 50 pixels in each arch.  (Have 6 )  using the 2 in white tube from McMaster  Carr like Johnson Family  I did try 25 pixels but I did go with 100 ct strips for my arches looks much brighter.  Using a sandevices E6804 to controll pixels 

Edited by Dennis Laff

awesome Dennis, thank you, I did the same, ordered the same tubing, plan on doing 8 arches, ill do the second arch in 50 pixels to compare.

I built 4 of those arches and I used the strips that are 16 pixels per meter. So 50 pixels ends up being around 11 feet of tubing. I'm using 2 DMX universes to run the 4 arches I only Power the strips from one side so the power is passed directly to the second Arch so I don't need power injection. I use the green 16 gauge extension cord wire from the controller to minimize Power Drop.

thats my game plan, with 50 pixel or 100 pixel, 1 16 foot covers 2 arches, I want to do 8 arches so 4 strips, just debating 100 pixels or 50.  the 100 pixel strip seems like tinier pixels obviously not sure if they are brighter, I need to build one of each and compare