Light-O-Rama Forums

Needing advice on programming pixels

BECKfamilylights

Hello everyone, I guess this is a newbie question. I currently run 5- ctb16pc and I'm adding 3- cmb24d for rgb next year. This year we came across a pixel tree in a display and now my wife wants one. My question is how hard is it programming pixels? I do all my own programming on my show and think this may be over my head. I know I can buy sequences for the pixel trees but I'm more of a diy guy. Just looking for advice before I spend a lot of money on something I can't do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a pixel tree since before I was running a musical show. I fully admit that I'm not a creative enough artist to dream up good sequences for the tree. There are people out here who are good at that however. For the most part, I purchase the pixel tree sequences from the guys that are good at that, and then I add in the other almost 4,000 channels for the rest of the yard. I do all my sequencing in SuperStar, and I've gotten good enough that I can generally make the software do what I want it to do, it's knowing what I want it to do that is my limitation. The other huge advantage of buying a few sequences is studying the techniques used by the experts and therefore learning how to accomplish your own parts of sequences.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

• Like 1