Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR II Ribbon Tree Kit

Khart

First off thank you to all who responded to my tree build question.   I am having an impossible time getting this kit to work.  I have spent more time going back and forth with LOR help desk (emails), and still no luck getting it to work.   I have done all steps, the ribbons work in test mode, but will not when running a  sequence.    Does anyone know who, or would be willing to chat over a phone about a set up.  I am to the point of wanting to hire someone to come out and help me set it up.   I live in Northern CA near Walnut Creek, anyone know a tech or company this way?   I have spent $1300 for boxes of stuff I can't get to run.   I know I am new to this but I feel LOR should have a little bet set up instructions.  They sell a kit, and after buying the PRO S4 program this should be just an easy set up, but I dont find it to be.  Very frustrated about how much I spent with it not working.

If I were you I would move this post down to the CCR section instead of the Newbie section. For sure someone will reply with some questions to help troubleshoot your problem.

If I was up on this kit I would help you but I'm not. Does your controller have a status light? If it does what is it doing while you are attempting to run the sequence? It's probably something simple.

Some of us have been down your road, remember this is a very busy time for the LOR team. Someone will help you out, there are a lot of great people here.

JR

Hi,

I live in Concord and have a 12 ribbon CCR tree (not the 2 version).  I may be able to help.  PM me your phone number and I will try to get you set up.

Thanks

Mark

I ordered the CCR 2 kit with the Pixie16 controller this year and was able to get it up and running flawlessly. PM me and maybe I can help you. If you ordered the kit with the PixCon16, I will not be of much help unfortunately

It is a shame that the season is about over and you are still trying to get it up and running. I can't imagine the level of frustration you are feeling right now. I am a little surprised LOR support let it get this far if it is just a user error.

How did you sequence it? If you used the Pixel Editor, there are a lot of useful posts in that forum including the one below from Matt Brown

I hope you don't get discouraged and stop using LOR moving forward because it is probably something very minor you are missing in your setup. There are a couple of things I would have you check right off the bat if I knew you were using a Pixie, so let me know.

I wanted to say Thanks to everyone who responded to help, I really appreciate it.  I want to give a big thanks to Don who helped me for over an hour on the phone and remotely to get this up and running....  There was some technical issues that Don (who has way more knowledge than I) was able to resolve and get me in business..    Again thank you everyone who sent replies, and now I can spend the next 11 months learning how to program it, haha.   This is a great product, but I was way over my head, but will be fun as it is going to push me to learn!   Thanks again evevyone!   LOR sorry if I was a pain, I understand I caught you at the height of your season.