Light-O-Rama Forums

no show help?

Derkngoogly

today I put in a new sequence and was testing it and show quit working. I tested the network with hardware and no controllers found. replace all my cat5 cables and same problem. I waited an hr and brought each controller in and bench tested worked. put them (5) back and tested again and it found one controller it worked for a min and quit. I unplugged the daisy chain cat 5 on the 01 controller and it works I plug in the next cat 5 going to controller 2 and one quits working. I set l-03 to L-01 and it works when I plugged cat5 in till I daisy chain to next one. all 5 controllers do this. went to radio shack looking for a 485 and no luck any ideas? ever seen this before?

ty don

First thing to note is that you probably won't find a working adapter at Radio Shack, or anywhere else. Few places actually carry RS485 devices in stores.

You might try connecting just one controller and see if you can see it with the Hardware Utility, and more importantly, does the LED indicator light on the controller go solid?

Sounds like something really odd. Not sure if it's an adapter issue, or something else. Any bad weather in the area? Any chance of an electrical spike, etc.?

I think you have a cable problem. If the USB to RS-485 adapter was bad, it would not drive he first controller. I'm not understanding what you meant by setting I-03 to L-01.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Sorry i meant that i used controller three and set it to controller one and worked until i hook cat 5 to next controller. I put it back to controller 3 and same resilt worked alone but will not when connecting another controller.