Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with Show Playing - Dropouts/Has Old Drive Path

jtomason

I use two different computers to sequence and play my shows - as many of us do.  In an effort to more smoothly move files from one to the other, I began leveraging a service I've used for years called "Jungle Disk".   One of the nice things about Jungle Disk is that you can have an online disk and assign it a drive letter, or have files synchronized automatically, or both - as your needs dictate.   

So first, I set up an online drive on both computers as drive L: (for LOR, see what I did there?) and copied the folders from my sequencing PC there.   I then opened each sequence, re-added the media file from Drive L, and saved the sequence.   I ran LOR Post.exe on each PC to move the default directory to drive L.  I edited the Show, removed the old sequences, and added from Drive L.   I changed the schedule to point to the new show file on Drive L.   Everything worked great - but sometimes the lights would drop out for a few seconds - the music would still be playing like normal.   I thought this might be an issue reading from the network (but in thinking about it, my guess is that the sequence and media files are likely loaded into memory before the sequence/song plays, so that probably isn't really an issue (can anyone who knows for sure confirm this?).  

In any respect, I decided to move back to a local drive.   I moved the files back to the normal drive C:\users\joe\Documents\Light-O-Rama path on the show PC, created the same path on the Sequence PC (and copied the files there) and just set those folders to synchronize with each other, so any changes I make on the sequence PC files get synchronized to the show PC.   I did all the same changes to the show and schedule.   

However, now when the schedule fires, it loads the show, and then immediately has a ton of errors trying to find the now removed sequences on drive L.    What's weird is that if I run the show on demand, it plays fine.    I must have cleared out and added the schedule a half-dozen times and ensured that it is pulling the same show file.   I even took the step of saving the show file to the Desktop and then adding the schedule from there.  It still tries to read sequences from Drive L.   I edited the show file in Notepad and the paths therein ALL point to drive C - no reference to Drive L at all.

So I have two questions I hope someone can answer:

1. How is this possible?  Where could the Drive L path be coming from still?

2. Any idea why the sequence would drop out mid-song?  It only happens occasionally and in at least two songs that I've noticed thus far - which play fine every other time I've seen them.   CPU/memory utilization are both low.  (Core I7/8g RAM system).  

Thanks in advance - this is making me nuts. 

Yep.  Figures that after I post this I'd figure part of the answer out - it was a problem with the way I configured the sync folder in Jungle Drive that caused the drive letter problem. 

Still need to figure out the dropout problem.