Light-O-Rama Forums

CCBs Stop responding after 5 seconds

DFilocamo

Hey Guys/Gals, 

been on here for a few years lurking, and finally made a login.  this year my family and i decided to add CCBs to our house.

Long story short, everything was working perfectly since day1 this season.  this week i come home to see that one of my controllers ( 2 strands and controller) was not responding to the computer int he middle of the show and the ccbs were stuck on the last sequence they were on when it stopped responding.  

being that this controller was on my roof, i had to go back up there, take the controller down and start to troubleshoot.  

i plug the controller in, hook it up to the pc,  and i hear a very faint beeping noise, almost had a tune to it.. ( weird)

i opened up the hardware console, researched for controllers and sure enough it was found.  so i went back up on the roof, plugged it back in and waited for the show.

show went off great NO ISSUES,  next night i come home to the same issue, just this one set wasnt working again, and it was stuck on random colors..

went up today and took down the controller again, i plugged it in, but dont hear that beeping tone anymore..  i did the reset from inside the controller, but now i am hesitant to go abck on the roof for this to just be an issue again...

anyone ever experience this?  any thoughts or ideas?  thanks in advance

also, i forgot to add, this controller is in  the middle of a 7 controller setup, the rest of the show continues to be fine.  

Edited by DFilocamo

Thanks for the reply..  currently have a single network with 4x 16 channel regular controllers and then 7 CCB controllers 

each controller has a 75foot cat5 connecting them to eachother 

sorry I don't know the models off hand.. 

if it were networking related, why would it be flawless for the past 3 weeks? They have been on since thanksgiving night

5 hours ago, DFilocamo said:

i forgot to add, this controller is in  the middle of a 7 controller setup, the rest of the show continues to be fine.

Confirming that there is a cable from some other controller to this one, and a second cable from this controller to some other controller, and the downstream controllers are working correctly.

2 minutes ago, DFilocamo said:

each controller has a 75foot cat5 connecting them to eachother

Making sure that you DON'T mean that there is a 75 foot cable from some sort of data hub?

Correct and correct..  everything is daisy chained together..  there are ccb controllers on either end of the cat 5 connecting them..  and both sides are still working..

::update::  after manual reset, the controller has been reinstalled on the roof and is currrently working..  will have to monitor over the next few days..

still very puzzled 

update.. it worked for 2 days, back to to the same stuck on bulbs!  

very displeased in these ccbs..  at $250 a pop, i figured they would be better wuality.. ill be calling LOR on monday

• The topic was locked