Light-O-Rama Forums

LORMonitor has stopped working

Kyle Whitaker

This is the second time that this message has popped up.

LORMonitor

LORMonitor has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Close Program.

Any idea what the cause may be?  

I'm trying that as well.  Are you running video?  There is a bug fix that the new version might help according to LOR developers.

no I am not running video. But I was hoping the update would give the same effect as uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

update

Show ran without a hitch last night, after the update to 4.3.18.

My computer recently went through a forced Windows update which I feel now may have been a source of the problem. I am running windows 7 64bit.  I would have tried the uninstall/reinstall LOR software if the update wasn't there.

If you are running Windows 7 then there is no forced update, the updates come in the way you have them set. If everything is running good now go in and turn all updates off until after the season. before you begin your show you should ensure that everything is off that could interfere with the show, updates, wifi, screen saver, computer going to sleep or any background programs running.

• 2 weeks later...

After updating to  4.3.18 the show ran for a week without an issue.  Last night the LOR Monitor stopped working again and the show stopped (requiring a reboot).  Is anyone else still having this issue after updating to  4.3.18?

I'm waiting to update, but I am still having the same issue. I've pinpointed it to a specific show running. I'm not sure if the show file is corrupt or the song file in the show is corrupt. When I have time I'll rebuild both the song and the show to see if the problem is fixed. I'm hesitant to upgrade until after the season is over. My temporary solution is to remotely log into the show computer every day at the appropriate time and reboot. I'm then able to get through the night with no issues. I'll be interested to hear if you figure out your issue.

Oliver,

I'll let you know if I figure something out.  I'm going to try and "burn it" over the next few weeks after I shut down the show and see if I can figure out exactly how/when it dies.  It may take a few weeks.  If you figure something out let me know. 

Kyle

• 7 months later...

I finally had time to work on this. I just updated to 4.3.18, created a new show, did a scndsk in safe mode, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the LOR software. When running a show schedule, it still crashes for me. Attempting to find my winXP disk to return the computer to factory default to see if that fixes the issue! 

LOR has a registry wipe program.  Works kind of like digital X-Lax.  Have you tried that between uninstalling and re-installing 4.3.18?

I thought I wiped the registry manually, but maybe I missed something. Where would I find the LOR wipe program?

BTW for what it's worth, I have been running a nightly show on 4.3.18 ever since it was released.  Until March, it was running on a HP desktop running Windows XP.  In March I started running on my Dell R710 server which runs Windows Server 2012 r2.  The XP computer has a scheduled reboot every afternoon before the show starts.  The server is rebooted every Friday afternoon (also on a scheduled task).  In neither case have I had a issue with the LORMonitor shutting down.

I have located a win XP disk. I think I'll start from scratch and see what happens. That way I won't waste any time! This computer's only job is the light show, so I'm not really losing anything except for all the accumulated junk that I probably don't need anyway!

Of course, if any of you have a good reason to not start from scratch by re-installing XP, let me know! I plan on doing this sometime next week.