Light-O-Rama Forums

Facebook Copyright issue

morganslightshow

Hey everyone. I have a question about filming your shows/sequences. I have a Facebook page for my light show. Every now and then I take a short clip and post it to the page. I had a notice in February that one of my videos had been removed due to copyright infringement.

Today I got another. But this time they completely blocked me from any FB activity for 3 days. This completely screws up my communication and advertising for the show.

Has anyone else had a related issue?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any experience with FB (don't have an account), but I had similar issues with YouTube. They will hammer you for using copyrighted songs. You can try to plead your case to them and say that it's "fair use" of the copyrighted material. I have found that Vimeo is less stringent with their enforcement of copyright rules, and none of  my videos there have not been removed.

Good luck.

D.T.

I had a video removed a while back from my FB and they are more stringent when it comes to copyrighted material.  I've found that by posting the video on Vimeo or YouTube and then posting the link on FB usually works and they won't ding you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

YouTube is much better than Facebook. I have rarely had a video taken down.

Search for the song. If there are several unofficial uploaded versions (Like lyrics videos, karaoke versions) then you probably won't get yours taken down.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked