Light-O-Rama Forums

Music but lights are not working

tnfirebugs

Need just a tad more info here.

What kind of controllers?

What kind of lights?

What version of software?

Anything else you think would be helpful for us to know. I don't mean to be rude but it's very similar to "My car won't start, any ideas"? I can guess till the cows come home, or until I get bored and move on.

grrrr.... I woke up with an attitude. :P

Alan...

Edited by default

I some what have the same issue, but reversed. I have 12 CCRs and 1 6 ch star. Last year all work fine. This year the star does not work. I have it wired going through a LOR1602 Wg3 with using 1 - 6 on this. Not being the brightest light bulb in our group. Is there something im missing of some possible channels not turned on the 1 - 6? Yesterday I had Brian B. login and he could not make it work either. Any and all help would be appreciated. Oh one more thing we just got dump on with 8inches of the white stuff so it would at this time be hard to plug in an try different things with it still coming down here in good ol Northern Illinois.

2 hours ago, default said:

Need just a tad more info here.

What kind of controllers?

What kind of lights?

What version of software?

Anything else you think would be helpful for us to know. I don't mean to be rude but it's very similar to "My car won't start, any ideas"? I can guess till the cows come home, or until I get bored and move on.

grrrr.... I woke up with an attitude. :P

Alan...

I have a LOR1602W which is main unit and CTB16PC as the 2nd unit . 

1 hour ago, tnfirebugs said:

I have a LOR1602W which is main unit and CTB16PC as the 2nd unit . 

Thank you for this, it helps a lot in trying to help you. However additional info is needed.

Could we assume you are running this off one network?

Are these older controllers? Is the Firmware up to date? Firmware info can be found here. http://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/

What is the Network speed set at currently?

Do you turn on LOR Control Panel before attempting to play the lights?

Is your setup new this year or has it worked in the past and only now are experiencing problems?

What version of LOR software are you using. Is it an upgrade?

Are you sure you have the channels mapped properly in Sequence Editor?

Alan...

I have a similar issue with my G3MP3 show director.  Updated firmware and got the new release of software and still have the same problem.  The problem seems to be with anything you are putting on the SD card this year.  i put in my SD card that has my July 4th sequences on it and it worked fine.  Some how or another I did get one sequence working and am only running that one right now.  In my opinion the hardware utility is not writing the SD card correctly, but I could be way off base as I am no expert.

Perhaps this will help.  There is a fix for an issue where the HWU does not properly create the SD card.

Sorry, link is one comment after the announcement and I'm too correct it.

Edited by basis21b

7 minutes ago, basis21b said:

Perhaps this will help.  There is a fix for an issue where the HWU does not properly create the SD card.

Nice find. I was so focused on the update fixing the Pixies that I didn't even pay attention to the other fixes. :blink:

Alan...

• The topic was locked