Light-O-Rama Forums

WIN10 annoying reboots

bobschm

Windows 10 (Home edition) annoyingly downloads updates and reboots the computer when it thinks you're not looking. This is a well documented incurable hazard which leaves the show computer not running the show and the happy little message "Windows has updated your computer." If I shut off wifi and internet connections, it just locks up until internet is restored. 

Is there a way to build a task or batch that will load the LOR control panel/listener and start up my schedule automatically when the computer restarts?

Does launch at startup not work?   I got a new win10 show computer and have not yet had any auto reboots which caused a problem. 

ContextMenu.jpg

It will stop at the login screen unless you set a blank password. Then you do need to set LOR control panel to Launch at startup as Bob says above.

It will start in the last state set so if schedule is enabled at reboot, it will come back enabled.

I also set my pc to restart automatically, in the BIOS, in case of power failure.

If you need anything else to start automatically with Windows, such as Tiny RDS or MIIP, place a shortcut to the app in the Startup folder, usually found at

C:\Users\Your User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup