Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding New Device Error Cannot move 5 channel groups to index 96 (99 channel groups in track)"

whyintheworld

I'm trying to set up my channel configuration for next year.  All I'm doing is adding channels and devices so that I can later import that same configuration.  It will be my master configuration and I'll do all my grouping in tracks later on.

Right now I have the first 5 controllers set up which are CTB 16s.  I then added 2 CMB24D RGB controllers.  All good so far.

Then I tried to add a CF50D flood by using insert device.  It gives me a pop-up error which states that it cannot add device. With the explanation of "Cannot move 5 channel groups to index 96 (99 channel groups in track)".

When I hit it repeats the error, but if I hit cancel it appears to add the device, but I notice the undo/redo button don't account for the add device action so if I want to undo it I have to manually delete the channel.  I pulled up the Channel Configuration editor and it all appears to be ok... But I'd hate to have this error rear its ugly head a year from now when I try to sequence based on this new configuration.  (I don't have all of this equipment yet, I'm trying to do the configuration to do a purchase plan. So I can't test it right now).

What does the error mean, and how do I add channels/devices at this point?  I have experimented with multiple device types, etc. and I can't seem to go beyond what I already have added into my configuration.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Edited by whyintheworld

I updated my software today to the new 4.3.18 just to make sure it wasn't a bug in the older software.  The first thing I tried was creating a new animation with just one channel.  I then chose add device below and tried to add a CF50D and got the error.  I tried add above and got the same error.  Is it just that a bug that I can't add a CF50D, can anyone else verify?  I can always add them manually by adding RGB channels etc...  But it would be easier to add the 4 floods by device.

Thanks!

• The topic was locked