Light-O-Rama Forums
Tony2535

downloading sequence from email

Hello I am a newbie and trying to get my LOR working. some nice people in this forum have been so kind to give me some sequences to get it running but when I download them and add them to my sequence editor it has an error can't read ims file and can't find end of song. any help would be apreciated

sometimes people send sequences as a Zip file    you have to open file and extract as a zip file first then open in sequence editor .

First I appreciate the help. The files are unzipped but when I go to new musical sequence it has an IMS extension and doesn't show up in all supported files. Confused

Sequence editor files are LMS or LAS (.lms .las )      Where do you see the 'all supported files' message?

I think this has to do with the files you are being sent are recognized by Microsoft as XML files, and I think it changes the extension. ahh good ol' Microsoft, also there to help.

If you know it to be a Musical sequence change the extension to   .lms   ie. mynewsong.lms

if it is an animation file change it to  .las  ie. mynewsong.las

This can happen if you download sequences from a website also. It depends on the browser you use.

Alan...

Thank you everyone for the help it is running and my little girl is so excited to watch the show tonight. This forum is the best everybody is so nice and cool..