Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 Setup

drmoon68

I purchased a Pixie16 and have setup a few sequences in SuperStar. My layout is a grid starting in the lower left with the first string, doing up and then starting with string1 pixel 26 going back down. So it is a grid of 25 Vertical and 32 horizontal.

The Sequences in Superstar have been brought over into Sequence Editor. The good news, is the everything works like it should when I run the show. But I cannot get the matrix to work correctly in Visualizer.

I am not really sure how to get it setup correctly.  I tried to use the Matrix Wizard.

Start Matrix At Bottom Left

Consecutive Pixels Run - Vertically

Number/type of Pixels - CCR 32 Wide 25 High

Then I selected Create as many new fixtures as required. Each Row (Horizontal) or Column (vertical) will be a new fixture. (Recommended).

In the Prop Properties, I ran the Channel Wizard.  I think this is where I am going wrong. I cannot figure out what setting to make it to get the pixels to go from channel 08 to the top and then pick up pixel 26 going down on Channel 8 without producing some type of error and still work correctly when I play a sequence. 

Any help is appreciated. 

I just had to do this with a 14x14 matrix (=196 pixels on a pixcon16).  I ended up getting some great support from LOR support.... first thing to try if you haven't already done so to validate what pixels/channels are getting assigned:

when you are in Visualizer, if your background looks something like this::::::

vizback1.png

then go to Edit | Background Properties.... and Drag the Intensity Marker from the far right to the left to about 50. It will make the background grey... and VOILA! You will then be able to better see each pixel number that's been assigned by either the fixture creation or the channel wizard. It helped me understand what number ended up getting assigned to each individual pixel... I didn't know the numbers were hiding there in white in the 'default' view settings. Assuming you are exporting out of Superstar in "legacy mode" rather than intensity file it really helps understand how to tie stuff together::::

vizback2.png

Hopefully that's new news and something that could help? Thx, Kevin

Below is what I have. The second fixture prop is Base Unit ID 08 with Physical Starting Pixel Number 26. Then the third is Base Unit ID 9 with Physical Starting Pixel Number 1.

What I have determine is the Visualizer does not show the pixels coming back down (26 through 50). So I am sure it is something I did not do right in Visualizer but just not sure how to setup the matrix correctly.

LORSSMatrix.jpg

I may not be following... but in above photo, the lower right of the 'fixture properties' for what looks like is Base Unit ID 8 (because lower left of properties window says Base Unit ID 8). You mention that "Base Unit ID 08 with Physical Starting Pixel Number 26".... but in the properties window about halfway down it says "Physical Starting Pixel Number" of 1. Shouldn't that be 26?

vizback3.png

One string of 50 pixels, starting at ID 08 go up and then down. In Visualizer, the only way I seem to be able to get it setup without it saying there are errors is to have the first vertical column on ID 08 start at 1 and go to 25 at the top. Then it setup up another CCR 02 for pixels 26 to 50 and the ID on it is also 08.  The attached image is the one for pixels 26 to 50 on the first string. I know I am doing something wrong, I just do not know what it is.

LORSSMatrix2.jpg

have you gone into each fixture and made sure the correct base unit ID and physical starting pixel number are assigned? If you used the Wizard... your starting base unit would be 01... you've changed that to 08.... but changing that 1 fixture'd base unit doesn't "carry" to the remaining fixtures already identified. So you need to go into each and every fixture and follow through with the  Base Unit ID and Physical Starting Fixture....

Is my assumption that you have 16 strings of 50CCRs correct? If so, I might recommend starting a new matrix .....

If I followed how you created this correctly... by selecting "create max # of fixtures (recommended)" in Visualizer you ended up with 32 fixtures in the matrix to worry about configuring... correct?

If you re-created the matrix and chose "create minimum" it would more closely resemble your actual setup (as I'm assuming your setup is of 16 strings of 50CCRs, correct?). After you do that, DO NOT RUN CHANNEL WIZARD..... Just go and click into each fixture and update the Base Unit ID's....

(Sorry if above not helpful.... I'm no pro... just trying to assist in absence of someone else helping you thru).

Thanks, Kevin

(btw I'm sure some experienced folks are seeing this thread between 2 newbies struggle away and are recalling their early days of this addiction...err hobby) :)