Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Pixel Tree Works from SE, not from Pixel Editor

coachjc

After a decade of decorating with "normal" lights...my dream has come true as this is my first year using LOR!

I have 4 CTB16PC's (the kits), 1 Pixel Tree 16x25, and am controlling everything off of the g3 miniDirector.

I cannot get my Pixel Tree working when using the Pixel Editor.

(I have it working when directly manipulating RGB channels directly in the Sequence Editor.)

It's all running in ELOR mode on a single channel in the g3 mini Director. (Since it only supports 1 network)

I have tried closing PE and re-opening/re-saving, etc.

I have removed all of the corresponding channels & tests in the SE when using the PE. (so that there are no channel conflicts)

I have verified the channels are correct both in the network configuration tool...as well as in the props list. (see pic)

and each time I load back up to the SD card...I make sure to delete all of the .mp3, .seq, and .cfg files.

Any help would be DEEPLY appreciated...I have a ton of minitrees to complete...and now unexpected sequencing of the Pixel Tree...and I'm now 3 weeks behind where I wanted to be.
:)

PS - I always use the "Simple Show Builder" when putting the files into the SD card...could this be part of the issue and that instead I need to use the full "Show Editor"?

PPS - I'm using the "pro" version of the software.

With Gratitude,

-- Jason

Capture.PNG

Christmas-2016-Basic-Setup-small.jpg

Edited by coachjc
PPS - I'm using the "pro" version of the software.

Just now, default said:

lol I was offline busy typing up a long response to this and now I see you got it working in other threads.  Good for you. :)

Actually...I do NOT have it working from the Pixel Editor...only directly from the SE.

If you still have that write-up...I'd be appreciative of anything you can add.

(I want to do my own sequences at some point...and using the Pixel Editor would be GREAT for that.)

lol I see you all over the Forums right now. lmao. Woah down there big fellow. :D it is pretty cool when things start to work properly.

Here is the post I had typed up, luckily I kept it. Some of it may not matter now, but is some food for thought.

8 hours ago, coachjc said:

I have 4 CTB16PC's (the kits), 1 Pixel Tree 16x25, and am controlling everything off of the g3 miniDirector.

Since you are new to Pixels (RGB) let me see if I can explain it. In LOR it's all about Networks and Channels. For instance you have 4 CTB16PC's. Each CTB16PC controls 16 channels. So 16 x 4 controllers = 64 channels. From what I understand you have 1 Pixie8 controller ie. 8 strands of 50 doubled over to make 16 rows of 25 pixels for your tree. (my guess is based on your Props pic of channels listed in SE) Each string on your Pixie Controller has 50 pixels. These 50 pixels x 8 strings = 400 Pixels total. These 400 pixels X 3 (RGB channels) = 1,200 channels.

1,200 channels of Pixels plus the 64 channels from the 4 CTB16PC's = a grand total of 1,264 channels. Not long ago, the thought was that 900 channels on one network was right about the limit to keep from experiencing lag during the show. With the addition of the Red RS485 His speed adapter http://store.lightorama.com/usbrs485hs.html and the increased network speeds, that has all now changed. I am have not heard how many channels is considered max on what network speed with what controllers. I would suspect the g3 mini Director may not be able to handle this.  (I could be wrong) (see below about updating firmware)

Do you have a 1 or 2 RS485 adapters, if so what kind Regular and/or Hi-Speed (Red)? You state you are running all of your show off of 1 network.

Some older models of CTB16PC's will not run off of a Network speed of Enhanced which the Pixie's require. Note if you change your Network speed to Enhanced and the 4 CTB16PC's don't operate correctly, it would mean they are older and will not work, or they are newer and in need of a Firmware update. Info about Firmware updates can be found here. http://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/ Be sure to look at updating the Firmware in the g3 mini Director also.

Either way, it would probably be in your best interest to add another Network and move the Pixie to the new network. To do that get a Hi-Speed (RED) RS-485 adapter from LOR and plug it into another USB port and you will have another network. I did have the g3 mini director and I sold it and started using a separate PC to run my show. I bought a cheap palmtop from Walmart and it works great. If you are not able to update your older controllers,  then you may have to go this route . Try updating firmware and see if it will get you by this year.

Also a biggee that trips up a lot of people is to be sure to have the Control Panel open and running while trying to see your light from SE.

Alan...