Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware utility can't locate LOR controller

timjahn

I have 2 LOR controllers daisy chained together. The first controller is a brand new Showtime controller purchased at the beginning of 2016. The ethernet cord runs from the computer running LOR software to the Showtime controller. That controller has another ethernet cord running to the second controller, a 1602W purchased in 2006.

Every so often, the 1602W cannot be located by the LOR software and the Hardware Utility, even when I extend the maximum ID to as high as it goes. Sometimes it is located, sometimes it is not.

Any ideas on how to get the controller to always be located?

When you say "1602W cannot be located by the LOR software" are you referring to Sequence Editor not outputting lights from this controller?

Just off the top off my head, have you updated the Firmware on the 1602W purchased in 2006?

Firmware updates can be found here. http://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/

Alan...

@default - Yes, the hardware utility doesn't recognize the controller and any lights on that controller are off during the show.

I have not updated the firmware on that controller ever. Any idea if that will break anything or which firmware I need?

No, the Firmware should not break anything. As far as what Firmware you need to update to, I'm not sure. I am not familiar with the 1602W. I did look it up the FAQ and found this. http://www.lorfaq.com/faqs/hardware-questions/6-lor-1602w-vs-ctb16-difference.html

I see it is a Professional Model, when I try to look it up on the Firmware Update page, this one seems to fit.  CTB32LG3-V1.13 firmware . However as I said I don't know enough about the controller and would hate to steer you wrong. My best advice would be to create a Help Ticket and ask LOR directly. Perhaps someone with knowledge of this board will come along and confirm which Firmware version to use.

You could also try hooking just that controller and running the Hardware Utility. When it comes up, it should have a Ver ### next to the name. That ver### is the latest firmware it has. See if it is similar to these. This is just a guess on my part.

firmware.png

Alan...

• The topic was locked