Light-O-Rama Forums

Can I change the time that appears on the posts?

hobbes

I see that when I make a post that the time on the post is 1 hour behind my actual time. On other message boards I have seen where I could set how many hours from GMT to be used for displaying times. It would be something like (GMT + 05:00). Do we have that ability on this message board? I have checked the settings under 'My Account' and 'Profile' but did not see it.

tom.

Is your computer time & Time zone correct?
Daylights Savings is on a different schedule & an update is needed from Microsoft in order for your PC to be updated properly

My computer time is set correctly.
The time zone is also set correct (GMT- 05:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada)
I do not have the box checked labelled: Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes. I manually change the clock. I have tried both checking and unchecking the box and it did not make a difference.

I was doing some reading over at the WowBB forums and it appears that the time is derived from the combination of my computer time, my time zone setting, and the time on the server running the forums. The problem will probably correct itself in the fall when we turn the clocks back.

tom.

These DST changes have been a nuisance. Especially when you have some ancient but critical unix-derivitive box that can't be patched with the new TZ rules.

I'd venture a guess that the forum's times are off because maybe the servers haven't been patched, and we'll see the correct times once we hit the traditional "Spring forward" date.

Anyone notice if the times were off last Fall between the traditional and new fangled end of DST?

The time is correct for me, so it is not a server issue. If they said "computer time", chances are they are talking about the "computer time", not "windows time", restart your comptuer and hold down the key to get into your bios settings. Their you be able to see if your system clock is off.

I finally fixed the problem. Once I installed the latest patch from Microsoft for the daylight savings time changes. the time is now displaying correctly when viewing the forums. Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

tom.