Light-O-Rama Forums

FM Station Display Signage Question

MRodTV

I was a bit lazy.  I used Microsoft publisher to make a colorful pdf file and then took it to Office depot.  They printed it out on a 2 feet by 3 feet sign on thick form core board and laminated it to stay dry.  It's still in perfect shape after 5 years.  It cost me $16.

I just paid a local sign company to make an 18x24 coro board sign, $21 including tax.  They even bordered the sign with a garland w/ ornaments.

Be careful not to clutter the sign with useless BS.  Stick to what you want people to know.  It will be larger type and people will be easily able to grasp the message.

Tune to _______ is as complicated as it needs to be.  Anything/everything else can be printed out on an info sheet people can pick up if they're interested.

• Like 1

I cut out styrofoam and covered it in white duct tape for stability, stuck some spare rod up them and hit them with a couple low power LED floods from Lowes. Put them out by the road... they're on their first season but so far holding up great.

tunetosign.jpg

• Like 1

I agree, there's plenty more room for trees there. 

By the way you should come up with a theme for your display. We can't tell what you're going for^_^

Stephen Blue, that looks really nice. The guy across the table here at breakfast thought it was superimposed onto the photo until I pointed out the lights. And a agree, you need more trees ?

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Attached is a Word doc I created.  Feel free to use it, modify it, print it, etc.   The dimensions are setup as 12" wide by 9" tall, which can be printed on a standard 24" wide by 18" tall corrugated plastic sign.  You can send this to a local FedEx / Kinkos and they will print it and provide a metal H frame.  The total is about $40.    I have a LCD spotlight on mine and it looks great.  It has held up to the weather so far.   SUPER SIMPLE!!!

Steve

Listen to Our Lights 107.5.docx

Listen To Our Lights 107-5.jpg

• Like 1