Light-O-Rama Forums

Show oddity last night - three 15 second delays

k6ccc

Warning - this is long...  Last night at the end of my show, I was surprised to find that the show ended one song earlier than it normally does at the scheduled end time.  Upon a little investigation, I found that the last song that played, started 45 seconds later than it normally does, and that meant that the scheduled end of the show was a few seconds before that song ended instead of early in the next song.  This morning I started looking at logs and found that three songs showed 15 second inconsistencies.  At the beginning of each sequence, a Windows command writes a log entry to a song report text file.  That file is started new each day and each day's version is kept until I manually delete it, so I can look at any previous daily logs..  Since the show starts at the same time every evening, it's very easy to compare from one day to the next.  In addition, I copied the show log from the LOR status window.  Below are some log extract. 

The first section is the log file from the show player itself.  I have shortened the filenames in order to make this easier to read.  These extracts are from the fourth cycle through the show for the evening.  The second log extract is from my song report log that is generated from the Windows commands in each sequence.  The last section is the same song report from the night before when everything was normal.  First looking at the song reports from the two days, they match within one second for "Deck the Halls", "Carol of the Bells, and "Rudolf...", however the "Merry Christmas clip" started 14 seconds later on the 7th, and "Feliz Navidad" started 30 seconds later on the 7th.  "Soldiers Silent Night" maintained the 30 seconds later, but the "Show announcements" was 45 seconds later.  Looking at the LOR show status log gets even more interesting.  Normally, the end time for one sequence is the same as the start time for the next sequence.  that can be seen in the log when "Deck the Halls" ended, but when "Carol of the Bells" ended, there was a 15 second delay before "Rudolf..." started.  Comparing times to the song report log, the Windows command executed at the same second as "Carol..." ended, but the show status log showed a 15 second delay before it logged the start of the song.  The same situation happened at the beginning of "Merry Christmas clip", and "Soldier's Silent Night", but "Feliz Navidad" in between "Merry Christmas clip" and "Soldier's..." was not delayed.  Here are the log extracts:

LOR status display log file from 07 December

19:23:25: Starting Musical: ...\Deck The Halls.lms.lcs
19:27:08: Ending Musical: ...\Deck The Halls.lms.lcs
19:27:08: Starting Musical: ...\Carol of the Bells.lms.lcs
19:30:34: Ending Musical: ...\Carol of the Bells.lms.lcs
19:30:49: Starting Musical: ...\Rudolph.lms.lcs
19:33:59: Ending Musical: ...\Rudolph.lms.lcs
19:34:15: Starting Musical: ...\Merry Christmas clip.lms.lcs
19:34:26: Ending Musical: ...\Merry Christmas clip.lms.lcs
19:34:26: Starting Musical: ...\Feliz Navidad.lms.lcs
19:37:30: Ending Musical: ...\Feliz Navidad.lms.lcs
19:37:45: Starting Musical: ...\Soldier Silent Night.lms.lcs
19:41:32: Ending Musical: ...\Soldier Silent Night.lms.lcs
19:41:32: Starting Musical: ...\Show announcements.lms.lcs
19:43:00: Ending Musical: ...\Show announcements.lms.lcs
19:43:00: Starting Musical: ...\Wizards In Winter.lms.lcs
19:46:06: Ending Musical: ...\Wizards In Winter.lms.lcs

Song report from 07 December (errored version)
12/07/16  19:23:25  Deck the Halls.
12/07/16  19:27:08  Carol of the Bells.
12/07/16  19:30:34  Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer.
12/07/16  19:33:59  Merry Christmas clip.
12/07/16  19:34:26  Feliz Navidad.
12/07/16  19:37:30  Soldier's Silent Night.
12/07/16  19:41:32  Show announcements.
12/07/16  19:43:00  Wizards in Winter.

Song report from 06 December (worked correct)
12/06/16  19:23:26  Deck the Halls.
12/06/16  19:27:09  Carol of the Bells.
12/06/16  19:30:34  Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer.
12/06/16  19:33:45  Merry Christmas clip.
12/06/16  19:33:56  Feliz Navidad.
12/06/16  19:37:00  Soldier's Silent Night.
12/06/16  19:40:47  Show announcements.
12/06/16  19:42:15  Wizards in Winter.

Since I'm sure someone will ask for the computer and software details, here they are.  The show computer is an old HP desktop running Widows XP SP3.  It is running LOR software version 4.3.14 with a Pro level license.  All the LOR files are kept on my file server which is about a few inches away from the show computer.  Both computers have a short Cat-5 cable to a HP 2610-48 managed switch.  The switch has a dedicated Virtual LAN for the communications between the these two computers.  The LAN ports are operating at 100-BaseT.  The server is a fairly high end Dell server running windows Server 2012 R2 with all current updates.  BTW, in the event of a loss of communication between the show computer and the server, the LOR status log would show a massive number of log entries.  Since there were none, I have no reason to indicate a comm problem between the server and show computer.  All the sequences have only one channel, and the rest is all Intensity Files from SuperStar.  Also in the someone is bound to ask, here is an example of the batch file that is called by the Windows command in each sequence:

C:

CD C:\LOR_Mail

Echo %date:~4,6&&date:~12,2%  %time:~0,8%  Carol of the Bells.  >> Song_Reports\Song_Report.txt

The only thing I have not checked yet (because I can't do it remotely) is to check my security video recorder.  I have several cameras (no audio) that show most of the display.

Anyone got any bright ideas why the Windows command would work, but the the show log would show a 15 second delay between sequences?