Light-O-Rama Forums

Channels work in HWU but not from Sequence Editor

Thuddwin

I am using 4 CMB24 cards purchased 3-4 years ago to drive RGB Spotlights.  Have been using them without any problems all of this time.  Upgraded to S4 last week on an old XP laptop.

Now, all sequences newly created and old alike, when playing from the Sequence Editor, do not follow what is programmed entirely, but sort of.

For example, two RGB Groups won't light up at all, another plays only the RED.  I have checked that the Address:Channel mapping is correct.

Reverted back to S3, same results

HWU Test will turn on/off each channel, all looks healthy.

I created a simple program in Sequence Editor that turns on/off each channel to mimic the HWU Test sequencer, but still see the weirdness noted in the Example above.

All of the cards behave in a similar manner, though with each having its own quirks.  Also is happening when programming an LOR1602 with built-in G3-MP3. 

Can anyone toss me a clue or two?  I am stumped.

Just a guess, do all of the controllers have the latest firmware installed? Maybe bits of S4 are still active and not playing well with out of date firmware.

Alan...

@default: Thank you for your reply. The firmware on all of the controllers are original.  I thought by reverting back to S3, if there was some kind of firmware dependency, that would fix the problem, which it didn't..

But as Gump says "Stupid is, as stupid does".  The problem was indeed oversights when checking/double-checking that the controller address was the same as the Sequence Editor line item settings.  If I had thought to simply use the "Channel Configuration" (Tools>Channel Configuration) I would have saved the grief and looking like an idiot (some things should just remain a secret!).  

During all of the years I have used LIghtORama products, they have performed rock-solid,  uber reliable!

Glad you got it fixed. There should be no problem with S4 and your current setup. It you didn't already I would really recommend updating your firmware.

lol, I post this picture a lot. This is what I use to keep me up to date on what my setup is. It's handy to have quick reference after a year goes by and I pull everything of the shelf to set it all back up, or buy and add something new. Just a suggestion.

LOR%20Comm%20Ports3.png

Alan...

Very nice!  It never even crossed my mind to make a tool like this.  The panic-driven, head-banging has to end, I am getting too old for that!  This will help a ton, thank you!

And thank you for the advice regarding firmware upgrades as I was really unsure which course to take.  Our firmware upgrades to begin in January when we do tear down for the year.

-David