Light-O-Rama Forums

Run shows on Win 10 Desktop, multi-user

rwokano

Hi all,

I have been using my LOR equipment for a few years, normally on a dedicated laptop.  I have moved the software to our windows 10 desktop and it works.  The issue I am having is the schedule does not run if I am not logged on.  Even when my account is logged in but locked because someone else is using the computer the show does not run.  Is there a way to have the control panel run as a service, or something similar under the system account so the show works so long as the computer is powered on?

I am using version 4.3.14.

Thanks for any help / ideas!

Rob

Hi Rob -

I've been using LOR for about 10 years now, and also did a quick scan of the internet in case I missed something over the years... and I don't believe that LOR can be run as a service. Maybe someone smarter than I am can chime in with a different answer though :)

D.T.

Why don't you just keep others from using the computer during show hours?

Edited by George Simmons

Can you run using an admin account?   I would think that it would run whether you were logged in or not.  I would try opening LOR as administrator (you probably know this but you right click and select "Run as administrator")

Thanks guys,

Not sure what is happening at this point.   Today, they show ran with no problem with no one logged in including myself.     I do have admin rights on the box, and I set LOR up to start at Windows start so maybe that did it.  Have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!

Rob

• The topic was locked