Light-O-Rama Forums

First time using LOR help desk

Say watt??

I bought two more DIY 16 channel AC controllers this year and when I powered them up for the first time, one of them had no status LED at all. I quickly realized the COM chip was getting hot. I double checked my work and found that I had the two voltage regulators swapped. Smoked 485 driver... (must have been a late nighter) lol

I opened  a service ticket with the LOR help desk and explained that I had goofed and what was going wrong because of my error. I said that I was sure a new chip would get it fixed and asked how I could go about purchasing one.

Within a few hours Mike responded to my ticket and agreed that the COM chip might be the only damaged part and had one shipped out by the end of the day at no charge to me even though this was clearly my mistake. 

The new chip arrived, I installed it and the controller works just fine. I couldn't be more pleased with my first help desk experience. Thanks LOR!

• Like 2

Gotta like that!  I can't say I've ever needed LOR support yet but glad to know they're always looking out for their customers.

They have answered a few questions for me very promptly and feel their support level is very high for customers.  Big thumbs up to them.

20 hours ago, Say watt?? said:

I bought two more DIY 16 channel AC controllers this year and when I powered them up for the first time, one of them had no status LED at all. I quickly realized the COM chip was getting hot. I double checked my work and found that I had the two voltage regulators swapped. Smoked 485 driver... (must have been a late nighter) lol

I opened  a service ticket with the LOR help desk and explained that I had goofed and what was going wrong because of my error. I said that I was sure a new chip would get it fixed and asked how I could go about purchasing one.

Within a few hours Mike responded to my ticket and agreed that the COM chip might be the only damaged part and had one shipped out by the end of the day at no charge to me even though this was clearly my mistake. 

The new chip arrived, I installed it and the controller works just fine. I couldn't be more pleased with my first help desk experience. Thanks LOR!

Don't say that too loud.  There are people here on this very forum that think I am the anti-christ.

Personally, THANKS!!!  I really do try hard :)

20 minutes ago, DevMike said:

Don't say that too loud.  There are people here on this very forum that think I am the anti-christ.

Personally, THANKS!!!  I really do try hard :)

Well you do have horns coming out of your head and more of a pagan vs. the anit-christ.

Luckily, (knocks on wood) all these years, I've only had to reach out to LOR support once.  They were awesome and quick to respond.

Their support IMO is second to none!!!