Light-O-Rama Forums

In dire need of help - show is partially working

4hoogies

I am looking for advice. I have all LOR controllers. 

1 - showtime director DCMP3/1602mp3

6 - lor controller boxes (2 - 1600/4-ctb16pc)

12 ccr ribbon tree

usb485 adapter & HS usb485 adapter

G3-MP3 director stand alone

Using 2 networks: regular network is all my regular lor controllers and 6 channels of ccr tree (13 units)/ 2nd network is auxiliary network with the last 6 ccrs)

I have played my entire show on my laptop and have had success. unfortunately a longer cat5 cable wouldn't control the show so I had to use a shorter cat5 cable to plug into laptop and had to leave laptop outside until bedtime and then unplug usb485 adapters and bring laptop inside.

Last night, I couldn't get my show to work. Everything worked except half of my ccr tree. Again, this is through my laptop and using the old dcmp3 showtime director. I could find all units on both networks in hardware utility but couldn't figure out why half of the tree wouldn't work. (For awhile the 2nd network was showing only 3 units of the ccr tree so I went to the 4th on its own to see if I needed to reassign it a new number but it showed up. I then changed the Max Unit ID from 10-13 on HU and they all showed up. Weird though because they showed up before with a 10 max number.)

This morning, I was able to plug in the G3Mp3 director to both network ports. The entire ccr tree works however the other controller/lights won't come on.  The light on my first controller box shows the light blinking instead of steady. When I plugged just the 1 network into my computer, the light went solid red.  When I plugged the second network into the computer, all lights came on except half of the ccr tree like last night. And it keeps cutting off the end of the sequences playing. (i have unchecked the USE COMPRESSED SEQUENCES in the pop up menu but it still cuts off the ccr sequences only, non ccr sequences are fine.) When playing the ccr sequences through the G3MP3 unit, it plays all of  the sequences to the end.

I would really like to use the G3Mp3 director for the show.  Is there any way to check my network1 input on the controller???

sorry for being so lengthy, I wanted to give as much info as possible. I have spent hours trying to fix this and finally had to ask for help.

Tara

Well I think we got it all figured out thanks to LOR help desk. Was using the 500 speed on both networks that couldn't handle that speed. I had even printed off network speeds earlier but didn't put the two together with my show. Tested it this afternoon so crossing fingers it is good to go tonight.

Tara