Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Editor not controlling lights

pouterson1

Ok, I'm going crazy here.  Somehow I have been able to get some of my older sequences from last year to load my new PE props and run them.  If I go to create a new sequence, in this case a simple animation, it won't control the lights.  It also won't run from the Sequence editor.  Here's the details:

Network Setup

Regular Network - set to Comm 4, speed at 500k, Enhanced mode enabled

Aux A - controls Pixi8 mini tree.  Comm3, speed at 500k, Enhanced mode enabled

The Hardware utility finds the units and can light them up.  Keep in mind, I have sequences that do work with this setup.  

Next step, create blank Animation file in Sequence Editor.  I import the channel configuration, save and close.  

Open Pixel Editor - open new Animation sequence file.  Go to Mega tree channel, modify effect to on / curtain mode.  Select the row and copy the effect to the row.  Save the PE file.  Save the Intensity data.  Make sure the PE can control lights.  Play the sequence from PE and no lights.  

Open Sequence Editor - load newly adjusted Sequence file.  Make sure control lights is on.  Play the sequence and no lights.

I've double checked the Network Preferences.  Baud rate shows as 460800, 8-N-1 with Hardware flow control enabled.  

What the heck am I doing wrong here???  I know it has to be something simple that I'm missing.  Thanks as always for the help.

Paul

Make sure that your Control Panel is open.  The PE has a prompt about this after checking "Control Lights", the SE does not.  From the help file: 

The Light-O-Rama control panel must be running in order for the Show Player to play your scheduled shows (additionally, "Enable Schedule" must be turned on).  It also must be running in order to control lights on LOR Enhanced networks or on DMX networks.

Edited by lkcubsrule
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lkcubsrule said:

Make sure that your Control Panel is open.  The PE has a prompt about this after checking "Control Lights", the SE does not.  From the help file: 

Yep, the control panel is on.  I can run some sequences, no problem.  If I create a new sequence and then open it in the PE, I still don't get control of the lights.

3 hours ago, SPaschall said:

Are you running multicast or unicast?

SPaschall

Not sure, where do I find that?  I'm running LOR protocol if that matters.  Thanks.

Edited by pouterson1

SPaschall, I could use some. help.  Our show ran great on the mini MP3 until we added flood lights and the plug and play pixel tree.  The tree didn't run to the show and the flood light sort of ran.  Too much for the MP3.  The better one is out of stock.  Great time of year to run out.  I received a lot of great help from Matt Brown.  Where we're at now is I'm trying to run it off of my computer.  Now the tree doesn't even light up and the flood lights don't either.  The tree works great from pixel editor all of my hard work with 19 songs comes through.  Matt said to save it on the computer to go into editor and click on musical then download my files.  Is there something needed for the tree and flood lights?

Edited by Fill in
spelling

Your light o Rama controllers need to set to enhansed mode in network Preferances  and also have the latest firmware installed.

1 hour ago, Fill in said:

SPaschall, I could use some. help.  Our show ran great on the mini MP3 until we added flood lights and the plug and play pixel tree.  The tree didn't run to the show and the flood light sort of ran.  Too much for the MP3.  The better one is out of stock.  Great time of year to run out.  I received a lot of great help from Matt Brown.  Where we're at now is I'm trying to run it off of my computer.  Now the tree doesn't even light up and the flood lights don't either.  The tree works great from pixel editor all of my hard work with 19 songs comes through.  Matt said to save it on the computer to go into editor and click on musical then download my files.  Is there something needed for the tree and flood lights?

As Dennis said, It will have to be on an enhanced network which can be done in your network settings. Are you running the tree with an adapter or e1.31?

SPaschall 

We have the pixie8 controller set to advanced under the network settings and we're using a High speed USB Light o Rama adapter. We are able to play the sequences in "Pixel Editor" under "Control Lights" and can turn the tree on in "Hardware Utility" but it won't work when we have the pixel tree hooked up in the network. Our network is as follows; We have 3 CTB16PCg3 controllers and a CMB24D DMX controller for flood lights on the "Regular" network on "comm 4". There is 1 pixie8 controller on the second network "Aux A" running on "comm 5". Our first network is running fine on the scheduled show but not the second network. The control panel says that "comm 5" has opened in "Aux A" so I know the system is reading it correctly.

If you can't get it tonight pm me and we can do a teamviewer session and see if we can get it up and running.

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

You are saving the file as a Intensity Data file for the pixel tree,correct?

SPaschall

Edited by SPaschall

I am having a similar issue  I too have a pixie 8, but mine functions for sequences programmed in sequence editor, but will not function when trying to run a lid file with my lms fiile.  I am moving the sequence in my show machine. 

Question: Does anyone know if you have to export the lid file again from a new machine.  I transfer the final show files to my show machine.but I cannot open PE due to an open GL issue.  I can create them fine on my programming computer.

Thoughts

Yes move all of the files to your show computer and make sure they are in the same directory as before.

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk