Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D fail

BlackwolfK9

Anyone have any ideas what could cause CMB24D to fail and not be recognizable in the hardware utility.  I know the comm chip can fail, but what can contribute to this failure?

Just a long shot, but I would cycle all the dip switces a couple of times and then return them to the original settings.

Just tested cable and had this observation:  With ethernet cable connected to controller (ctb16pc), i attached cable tester to other end of ehternet cable and without turning on my tester, pin 6 was lit up.  Is this normal for 485 coming from controller?

what id number did you assign to controller and do you have hardware utility set high enough to find that number also are you using the lor manual to set the id number.

2 hours ago, BlackwolfK9 said:

With ethernet cable connected to controller (ctb16pc), i attached cable tester to other end of ehternet cable and without turning on my tester, pin 6 was lit up.  Is this normal for 485 coming from controller?

Yes.  Many of the LOR controllers output power on pins 3 & 6 to provide power to things that take power from an adjacent controller (such as ELLs, and InputPups).  I was recently troubleshooting a LOR connectivity problem and saw the same thing.

15 minutes ago, BlackwolfK9 said:

I assigned 03 and did use the manual.  But the LED doesn't light at all.

If you're not seeing any indication on the status LED at all, check power and fuses.  Power to the board logic comes from the right side (channels 1 - 12) power input.

• The topic was locked