Light-O-Rama Forums

Feeling defeated!

JPat

It has been a very long week as we purchased a showtime central package (with a total of 3 controllers) last week and have been hard at work since!  Most of our static display was up, but we (mostly my daughter) have spent over 50hrs sequencing this week and over the past 3 days I have built 4 fire sticks and 6 mini trees, as well as making all of the power cords from controllers to props.  All that being said, we thought we were good to go with the simple show builder but loaded and no go..!  I then bypassed the director and wired the lap top directly to controller 1 and tried to play a sequence from the editor in an effort to get some gratification from all of our hard work but nothing happened.  

I opened the HU and could control the lights from that function, but don't know what I am doing wrong other wise.  Any help would be appreciated.

If you can control lights from the HU, you are half way there. Couple of suggestions.

Control panel needs to be running in the sys tray.

Control lights needs to ne checked in the SE.

Check the network config is correct.

10 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

If you can control lights from the HU, you are half way there. Couple of suggestions.

Control panel needs to be running in the sys tray.

Control lights needs to ne checked in the SE.

Check the network config is correct.

Control panel is open but  says this and Control Lights is checked.

31426033975_d8e3660384_z.jpgLOR screen by Justin Patterson, on Flickr

What is there to do in Network Config?

Edited by JPat

5 minutes ago, Kapkirk said:

JPat

Where in  Florida, maybe one of us can help, I'm near Jacksonville in Orange Park.

Keith

Sarasota

Jpat, A bit too far for a house trip, but how about a question, you are using the LOR 485 connector out of the laptop correct, and did you try a show on demand after building one in simple show builder?

Keith

What you show there is the status log which opens when you click on the CP light bulb.

In windows start menu/lor

Network config.

In the lor tab should have one regular network defined and pointing to the com port you are using.

Do you have the controller ids and channels defined in your sequence.

Love this site!  Just loaded show on demand and got the system running.  LOL, neighbors came out immediately as they have seen me working on the house for weeks now!  I have to figure out to load the show to SD card and let the director power but for now have a sense of accomplishment!

Here is a weird one, two of my mini trees show all three colors on demand (red, green, white) but in one song they don't play as directed??  Looked at the sequence and they are in fact commanded to come on, but the white does not react as programmed.

Almost there, as just need to wire a few more of the channels, hook up the out door speaker, and set up FM station sign.  One of my neighbors asked how long they blink and didn't know it was running to music!

Edited by JPat

Thanks and yes some very good people on the site.  Already figured out the white not working, as they were labeled incorrectly in the channel configuration.  Hopefully we will be up fully functioning on schedule by next weekend.  It will also give us another week to add a few more songs.

Place show on "non Sandisk" SD card the easy way for me.

HU

LOR MP3 Tab

Right Side mid way " add sequence"

once done adding all your sequences

"create show" button

then "place show on SD card"

done

you may want to check the settings in the LOR MP3 tab, mine are as follows

plays anytime powered (selected)

loop through show list continuously (selected)

everything else is greyd out, blank or white

best of luck

JR

42 minutes ago, JPat said:

Love this site!  Just loaded show on demand and got the system running.  LOL, neighbors came out immediately as they have seen me working on the house for weeks now!  I have to figure out to load the show to SD card and let the director power but for now have a sense of accomplishment!

Here is a weird one, two of my mini trees show all three colors on demand (red, green, white) but in one song they don't play as directed??  Looked at the sequence and they are in fact commanded to come on, but the white does not react as programmed.

Almost there, as just need to wire a few more of the channels, hook up the out door speaker, and set up FM station sign.  One of my neighbors asked how long they blink and didn't know it was running to music!

For your white light prob.

Try copy and pasting the sequence to a new blank sequence. PITA I know but I purchased a sequence and had some "ghost" lights.

Copy pasted into a new seq and all worked correctly

JR

Dibblejr, thanks for the tips.  Using the HU looks like a good option but have another question (LOL, yes another).  I don't see an option for the lights to stay on for a set time before/after the show.  Can you point me in the right direction or is this not an option with the director?

There is a start sequence option in there so if you create an animation sequence with just the lights on for say an hour you can load that sequence. There is no option for a shut down sequence once the show is over to keep the lights on.

If I remember correctly The mini director has no internal clock so setting a time will not work.

You only have a couple options that work, I'm not at home so can't remember what they are.

The director has the internal clock.