Light-O-Rama Forums

Now What ?!!?

erinshaneb

I am soooo frustrated..can't get software on my MAC, my old computer is to old and won't work, trying my daughters, but it was just a cheapy one we got for her look up things for school...Now I am trying to work on that...First it tells me LOR can't find the .msi to install it ? Then it tells me Directx (??) doesn't work, but I think I have that FINALLY worked out..

I have sequences and MP3 for them..so now what ?? Where do I put them together or ?? If you have premade sequences and mp3 (they are in separate files) what do you do?!??!! 

Edited by erinshaneb

Under file go to media and specify the location of the MP3. Then save the sequence and it will find it next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if you have the Sequence editor up and running, firstly load the Sequence file, ends in .LMS, and click on Edit/Export Import media file to associate the correct MP3 file to the sequence. Should be able to play the sequence and hear the music.

Re-save the sequence file to lock in the change and you should be ready to go.Might want to give it  a new name.

You will probably want to put the Sequence files in the Sequences folder under the Lite O Rama folder, and the MP3 file in the Audio folder, though it is not  essential.

If you are stuck with a partial or failed install, all I can suggest is re download the Install file from LOR  in case you have a corrupt download, and you should see if you can update the Video drivers for your machine which may clear up the DirectX problem.

22 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Well, if you have the Sequence editor up and running, firstly load the Sequence file, ends in .LMS, and click on Edit/Export Import media file to associate the correct MP3 file to the sequence. Should be able to play the sequence and hear the music.

Re-save the sequence file to lock in the change and you should be ready to go.Might want to give it  a new name.

You will probably want to put the Sequence files in the Sequences folder under the Lite O Rama folder, and the MP3 file in the Audio folder, though it is not  essential.

If you are stuck with a partial or failed install, all I can suggest is re download the Install file from LOR  in case you have a corrupt download, and you should see if you can update the Video drivers for your machine which may clear up the DirectX problem.

Okay i did all this and it worked !!! YAY ! Thank you !! ! Now how do i get it on my SD card? Simple show builder ?

Don't use a Director  myself, but I think you need to open the hardware utility and go to the LOR MP3 tab, This is the show builder. Your're on your own from there.

Make sure shows are disabled and the SE is closed before using the Hardware utility to avoid conflicts.

Go to some show builder put in your SD card and follow the prompts.

Done in director add power 

Lights

Edited by MCas4380

Sounds like you are new. Personally I didn't like show builder because all of my files are all over.

Easiest way in my case as well as many others is...

Hardware Utility

then open

LOR MP3 tab

right side mid section

"add sequence"

* during the above part if the sequence doesn't link with the MP3 you can either build the location it is looking for 

or

go to the sequence in SE and click "edit tab"

then go down to media file and find the mp3

once linked you can then either add more sequences or go on left side of the aforementioned Hardware Utility and "add show to ad card"

note - some ad cards like Sandisks sometimes do not play well and another note once you add all sequences you can move them around prior to adding to ad card

Best of luck

JR