ORBITZ enclosure

Guest guest

Here is a pic of a CTB-16D in an Orbitz sprinkler enclosure

Attached files 34015=1903-Orbitz.jpg

Guest guest

Looks good, nice and clean, I like it!

Glenn

Guest guest

It's an alternative to the ritetime boxes and it even LOCKS!!

Guest guest

about $20.00 at Lowes. I thoug it was a good price compared to the heave metal enclosures.

Guest guest

Those are nice and a good price! Are they water proof as well.

Roman

Guest guest

yep I used them this last year it held up well in the snow

Guest guest

Do you have an item number for these, or upc?? I went to my local Lowes and they looked at me like a with crazy, saying they didn't have anything like that. Of course, here in Upstate NY, theres gotta be something in the water, something not right.:laughing: Thanks

Guest guest

here is a pic of the box model #57095

Attached files 34085=1909-orbitz2.jpg

Guest guest

Very nice assembly there. Thanks for sharing it with us. :happytree:

Guest guest

Wish I had known about the orbitz before I spent 30 bucks a piece for something not nearly as nice:(

Guest guest

Is that 18 gauge wire you are using for output? Any tips on mounting controller inside. My first controller is on the way. I couldn't wait for the april sale to get started. for get xmas in july, why not start early.:tree:

again thanks

Guest guest

Scott:

To mount them in the box, most people use stnad-offs which raise the board. This will help keep the heatplates cooler and allows airflow under the board.

Guest guest

Did you screw them down? or did you glue the boards to the standoffs?

Guest guest

I was going to use a 4 dollar rubbermaid box with outlets mounted directly on the box, but I think that leaves too many possible water entry failure points. I like your enclosure.

Guest guest

Well, checked around here at the home depots. They do not carry them. Must be because not a lot of sprinkler systems in NY. So I have special ordered them through home depot. about $25 ea verse ordering direct from manufacturer at $34 plus shipping. I ordered 3, 2 for this year and maybe the 3rd one for next year. Maybe even sell on ebay.lol Thanks again

Guest guest

I did not use spacers this last year. I ran out of time and$$
I plan to go back and put spacers in. the board is screwed in.

Guest guest

Scott,
Check Lowes.com I bought my boxes from lowes paid 20.00 each.

Guest guest

I checked both places. All our stores get into around here are just sprinkler timers. We do not have a lot of yards with sprinkler set-ups in upstate NY. I'm sure some huge lawn and garden store might have them but they are still closed for the winter. So I just put a special order in at HomeDepot. It was cheaper than ordering direct and also paying shipping. Thanks thou for the help.

Guest guest

I have the same problem I was told $34 from manufactires website after calling to see where to buy the boxs localy.. Guess what no one in ohio has them :(

Maybe HD can special order them for me I will ask them soon

Dale L

Guest guest

Scot Meyers wrote:

...I bought my boxes from lowes...

I really like those boxes. When I went to Orbit's website, they only list Home Depots within 50 miles of me. Neither Lowes nor HD has them online that I can find. I looked at my closest Lowes today, all they had was by Rainbird. Will check some HDs tomorrow. I have 5 stores within 15 miles of here.
jeff

Update,

I went to 4 of the 5 stores. 3 of them are large stores and didn't carry any Orbit systems yet. The stuff is seasonal in some stores I guess. The closest store is also the oldest in the area. It had all the parts and timers, but no boxes. The guy said he would order them for me, but that he would also call me if the seasonal order came in over the next month or so. I'm going to wait and see.

Guest guest

Our local Home Depot also did not carry them but after I told them that I spoke with the manufacturer, saying that they were listed on their website, the manager of our local store called to do a special order for me. He quoted me a price of $25 ea. No extra shipping charges like if you were to order direct. I also supplied manager with the toll free number to call. I've got 3 on the way.

Guest guest

YEAH BUDDY!!
Glad to see they helped you out.
Now you will need a dremmel to make changes for the Lor to fit but no real deal its really simple.

Guest guest

Dremmel, that's no problem. What changes have you made???? Boxes are coming end of week hopefully, and LOR's shouldn't be far behind. I'm sure once I get everything I will see what changes you are suggesting.